Laptop (Model)GL703GE-ES73
    MotherboardCrosshair Hero VIII non-WiFi
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)GSkill DDR4-3600 Trident Z Neo CL18
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Hydro Copper
    MonitorAsus PG279Q & Dell U2414H
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung Evo 860 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop, cuplex kryos next, AC ST30 V2, aquacomputer D5 PWM, AC 150mm res
    CaseCM H500M
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W
    Keyboard Steelseries M750 TKL, Duckyshine 5 MX Brown
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 700
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro + GameDAC
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QcK Limited
    Headset/Speakers Kanto YU2 with old Yamah HTIB sub
    OS Win10 Pro
    Network RouterGoogle WiFi
    Accessory #1 Saitek X52
    Accessory #2 Schiit Magni and Modi 2 Uber
    Accessory #3 Asus BW-16D1X-U blu-ray burner

Known driver issues with Maximus VII Formula and Win10 creator's update?

Hi guys, I'm getting ready to put my first SSD in my system which means a windows reinstall. My current drive was formatted as MBR format under Win 7 on an old P55 series board without a UEFI BIOS and I had no way to get all the info off it in order to do UEFI mode with GPT partitions when I built this system in 2014.

I was going to switch the BIOS to UEFI mode and set up the SSD with GPT partitions but one of our network admins at work mentioned that if the board doesn't have updated drivers for it for the UEFI "system" to keep up with Windows version updates that eventually windows updates might break the install. So now I'm thinking I should stick with non UEFI mode and set the SSD as an MBR style partitioning since this board hasn't had driver updates in quite a while.

What do you guys think? Anyone having any issues with this board in UEFI mode with the latest version of Win10? My mechanical hard drive I'm keeping around for data and some apps is only 2TB so I'm not running into the MBR partition/drive size limits and I'll probably update the system with a new board and CPU next year which would fix the potential driver issue for a while.