cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z170 Ranger BIOS 3504 XMP voltage

DeatheCore
Level 7
Hi all,

Just updated my board to BIOS version 3504 and firstly, I'd like to say that my RAM XMP compatibility issues have finally been resolved! No longer do I have to enable XMP with 1 DIMM in, shut down, put the second DIMM and boot in order to get XMP to work. It used to give a hard q-code 55 when enabling XMP with both DIMMs in, no matter what.

BUT now,

After enabling XMP and rebooting, RAM voltage seems to read as 1.440v as opposed to what it's set at (1.35v).

Setting the RAM voltage, speed, and timings works just fine in Manual mode though.

Anyone else share a similar experience?
3 REPLIES 3

x-rated
Level 8
those new bioses are weird 😞
my new memory CMK32GX4M2F4000C19 doesnt work at frequencies above 3,6 GHz on my gene board (q-codes 49, 55, 01, 03)
i tried many settings (adjusting vccio / vccsa / memory voltage / lowering cores & cache frequency / different maximus memory tweak) and only one stick but no luck
memory voltage works fine for me but i still have issues with vcore offset voltage since 3401 https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92392-MAXIMUS-VIII-GENE-3401-vcore-issue, so im still on 3201 which works fine
btw ive also noticed that my cpu cache frequency is 100 MHz lower with 3504 (using 50 max multiplier for cache resulting in max. 4,8 GHz on 3201 bios and 4,7 GHz on 3504 bios)

x-rated wrote:
those new bioses are weird 😞
my new memory CMK32GX4M2F4000C19 doesnt work at frequencies above 3,6 GHz on my gene board (q-codes 49, 55, 01, 03)
i tried many settings (adjusting vccio / vccsa / memory voltage / lowering cores & cache frequency / different maximus memory tweak) and only one stick but no luck
memory voltage works fine for me but i still have issues with vcore offset voltage since 3401 https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92392-MAXIMUS-VIII-GENE-3401-vcore-issue, so im still on 3201 which works fine
btw ive also noticed that my cpu cache frequency is 100 MHz lower with 3504 (using 50 max multiplier for cache resulting in max. 4,8 GHz on 3201 bios and 4,7 GHz on 3504 bios)

Yeah I had very similar issues with my memory kit Kingston HX430C15SBK2/16 although mine is only 3000MHz. Tried all of the same steps as you did and absolutely nothing would work besides seating only 1 DIMM in slot 2, enabling XMP like that, shutting down, inserting the second DIMM in slot 4 and then booting.

So the latest BIOS has fixed my issues in that regard, but it's either displaying the XMP-enabled voltage incorrectly or overvolting by quite a lot?

Haven't noticed any CPU/cache frequency issues with my 6600k though. Running 4.6GHz on air @ 1.33v and a 4.5GHz on the cache. Seems to work perfectly fine..

chongmagic
Level 7
I updated my Hero Alpha and it is the first time I can boot using XMP settings since 2202 with my Corsair Dominator memory. My voltage is at 1.35 and is not showing increased levels.