cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA Rainbow vs Color Cycle

Jabbl
Level 7
Hey!
Recently got a Z270F with Trident Z ram sticks and a Strix 1080, so of course I downloaded Aura to get the most out of it.

Now, for me the "Color cycle" mode is silky smooth, the transitions between colours is perfect and the leds fade from one to the other.
However, when I set the "Rainbow" mode, I can see the leds changing colour in steps (not large ones though), and the whole thing seems more "stuttery".
My question is if this is normal, or if something borked during first installation, as I have later tried to uninstall and use the Aura Cleaner before reinstalling with no improvement.

It may be important to note that I first installed the GPU Aura program before Aura Sync. Don't know if this somehow messed things up.

Thanks in advance!

Specs:
i7 7700k
Asus Strix Z270F
16GB Trident Z RAM
Asus Strix 1080
10 REPLIES 10

Well, that's kind of my problem: the effect is at it's lowest possible setting now, and it seems to be doing this no matter the speed setting.

Okay, so after some more testing it seems that the motherboard, when the computer is turned off, manages a smooth rainbow, as I forgot to turn the nightmode off. However, as the computer turns on and AURA wakes up, it goes stuttery again, even after trying REVO uninstaller and installing again.
I genuinely have no idea what to test next, as my friend with the exact same specs has a smooth rainbow.

Chino wrote:
Try lowering the effect's speed.

I tried doing that, but it just makes it less smooth and more choppy

Chino wrote:
Try lowering the effect's speed.

i tried that, and it just makes it more choppy and less smooth

Jonas99c wrote:
i tried that, and it just makes it more choppy and less smooth

Did you figure out a solution? I have been looking for months.

At starting "Rainbow mode" in AURA, the laptop light zone used to light up with almost all colors sliding. But after the recent update, the "Rainbow mode" is similar to the "Color cycle" i.e., now the laptop light zone lights up with the same/mono color and fades away changes to a different color. "Rainbow mode" was a lot cooler in the old version of Armoury Crate (AURA) (Version: 2.6.14.0). If anyone has the solution the please reply. Thank You in advance.

naorem_singh wrote:
At starting "Rainbow mode" in AURA, the laptop light zone used to light up with almost all colors sliding. But after the recent update, the "Rainbow mode" is similar to the "Color cycle" i.e., now the laptop light zone lights up with the same/mono color and fades away changes to a different color. "Rainbow mode" was a lot cooler in the old version of Armoury Crate (AURA) (Version: 2.6.14.0). If anyone has the solution the please reply. Thank You in advance.

Anyone ever get back with a solution to this?