cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISABLE: RED Led "Numbers" + Green Status Light

IonstormEU
Level 7
Hello folks;

I would like to disable the RED Led "Numbers" (24 in bright red on windows desktop is annoying af) and so is the Green Status Light above the RAM.

Is there no way to disable this? I mean, other motherboards you can - so I presume you can on this.

ROG Effects are off - all that removed was my HDD activity LED (fail).

Thanks
19 REPLIES 19

MrPhil17
Level 7
IonstormEU wrote:
Hello folks;

I would like to disable the RED Led "Numbers" (24 in bright red on windows desktop is annoying af) and so is the Green Status Light above the RAM.

Is there no way to disable this? I mean, other motherboards you can - so I presume you can on this.

ROG Effects are off - all that removed was my HDD activity LED (fail).

Thanks

I already ask for this here. Answer is no, you can't.

IonstormEU
Level 7
Kinda trash to say its a top level motherboard.

andyliu
Level 9
duct tape is your friend

elmor
Level 10
Use c6h_qcode_disable from here http://www.mediafire.com/file/pu14p3ngupfc2ki/c6h_tinkering_v1.zip to disable the Q-code display.

elmor wrote:
Use c6h_qcode_disable from here http://www.mediafire.com/file/pu14p3ngupfc2ki/c6h_tinkering_v1.zip to disable the Q-code display.

Uh, tools! What's the difference between temp source 1 and 2?

Thank you!

panni wrote:
Uh, tools! What's the difference between temp source 1 and 2?

Thank you!

Temp source 1 is default behavior (calibrated Tctl and on-board sensor), temp source 2 is using only Tctl (CPU-die sensor).

IonstormEU
Level 7
Elmor that worked really well thank you.

But anything about that Green LED? It's just the power LED, short of getting a blank marker on it to dull it out or removing it off the mobo anything else?

IonstormEU
Level 7
@Elmor

This is irritating, this is something else I've got to run when I boot my PC up, Aura resets on boot - the PC posts BIOS in the right colours, as soon as you hit windows desktop, BOOM! My PC is green inside not Purple!

Now, I've gotta' run this Q-Code display program every time my PC starts??

Can you not hard-write these settings in to the BIOS until a reset/clear??!

Honestly I'm within my wits ends with this Motherboard, in 20 years I've never had such an annoying array of issues, ever.

IonstormEU wrote:
@Elmor

This is irritating, this is something else I've got to run when I boot my PC up, Aura resets on boot - the PC posts BIOS in the right colours, as soon as you hit windows desktop, BOOM! My PC is green inside not Purple!

Now, I've gotta' run this Q-Code display program every time my PC starts??

Can you not hard-write these settings in to the BIOS until a reset/clear??!

Honestly I'm within my wits ends with this Motherboard, in 20 years I've never had such an annoying array of issues, ever.

Sorry not possible to make these changes permanently, I suggest you add it to autostart. Can you show me which LED specifically? HDD LED unfortunately can't be disabled on C6H.