cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INSTALL Window7 on Maximus ix Extreme Pcie M2 evo 960 drive

Alan_Carter
Level 7
Hi.
I have spent hours trying to install Windows 7 Pro onto my new build computer, a Maximus ix Exstreme with two Samsung 960 Pro Evo PCIe M2 drives.
Why do i want Windows 7, becuase i use Fiight Sim FSX,
I want a daul boot system with WINDOWS 7 on one PCIe M2 and WINDOWS 10 on the other PCIe M2
I have another computer with a Dual layer Burner to make Bootable DVD or USBs but i am not getting anywhere yet.
The samsung drives are in a zip folder, can,t get at them, Have downloaded intel USB Creator, have ISO of Windows 7 but unable to even get W7 to start just goes to Bios page.
Anyone, Full Step by Step instructions, this has become a mightmare.
Many Thanks.
Alan
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15

Hi Chino.
Those Samsung drivers I have downloaded the latest drivers from the Samsung web site and they are in zipped folders,
I can not extract the files, I think they have to see a Pcie *Samsung SSD for permission before the extraction can begin, *
Unless you have some other way of opening the zip folder, I have tried Win Zip but it says it can not open it.

Regards
Alan*

Hi Chino.
I have given up for the moment, but the link you posted appears to have the extracted Samsung driver downloads, these will I hope solve my problem, will have a go next week, But thank you for your time and trouble and effort.
Kind Redgards Alan retired pilot.*