Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Okay... I guess I'll just use the cloud and end my frustration with the forum limits.

Here is the sound recorded directly from the headphone jack. You can clearly hear the initial click in the audio as each sound starts playing and then about 2.5 seconds after the sound drops out, you can hear the amplifier shut off. This shutoff sound is more subtle and more audible in the right channel. There is a period following the first sample where the hiss ramps up just after the amp shuts down and just prior to the 2nd sample playing. Ignore this... the recorder was mistakenly in auto-gain mode.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m957z08yy2...neOut.WAV?dl=0

Here is the link to the sound the speakers create. This was recorded with the onboard mics of the recorder. You can clearly hear the initial click in the audio as each sound starts playing and then about 2.5 seconds after the sound drops out, you can hear the amplifier shut off. If you turn the volume up, you can hear the hiss of the amplifier get cut off when it shuts down.
    NOTE, these are EXACTLY the same sounds that are recorded from the headphone jack. However, the initial sound is chopped off as the audio amp takes time starting up and chops off the very start of the sound. Nice!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpuei2vys5...akers.WAV?dl=0

This should be fixable via a software / driver update. There is no reason the audio system chops off sounds and makes audible transients when going into a power save mode.

There are probably any number of users who would be glad to enable a "Never Sleep" option for the audio to get around these audible problems.

Please fix this ASUS!
    Last edited by ST9752; 09-03-2017 at 04:01 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ST9752 View Post
    Okay... I guess I'll just use the cloud and end my frustration with the forum limits.

Here is the sound recorded directly from the headphone jack. You can clearly hear the initial click in the audio as each sound starts playing and then about 2.5 seconds after the sound drops out, you can hear the amplifier shut off. This shutoff sound is more subtle and more audible in the right channel. There is a period following the first sample where the hiss ramps up just after the amp shuts down and just prior to the 2nd sample playing. Ignore this... the recorder was mistakenly in auto-gain mode.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m957z08yy2...neOut.WAV?dl=0

Here is the link to the sound the speakers create. This was recorded with the onboard mics of the recorder. You can clearly hear the initial click in the audio as each sound starts playing and then about 2.5 seconds after the sound drops out, you can hear the amplifier shut off. If you turn the volume up, you can hear the hiss of the amplifier get cut off when it shuts down.
    NOTE, these are EXACTLY the same sounds that are recorded from the headphone jack. However, the initial sound is chopped off as the audio amp takes time starting up and chops off the very start of the sound. Nice!
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpuei2vys5...akers.WAV?dl=0

This should be fixable via a software / driver update. There is no reason the audio system chops off sounds and makes audible transients when going into a power save mode.

There are probably any number of users who would be glad to enable a "Never Sleep" option for the audio to get around these audible problems.

Please fix this ASUS!

I get exactly the same sound from my speakers. Often randomly when no sound has played or is about to play.

I can't say I get it from my headphones though.

Pretty sure there quite a few people that have reported this previously, yet still no fix from Asus.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I only posted these recordings so that the Asus person who posted on the thread could verify the issue. It would be nice if they would chime in again. :-)

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

Hi. In my G752VT with Bose companion 2 series 2 speakers, jack configured either headphone or front speakers, and with the Bose at full volume, I can barely hear a soft tick just before the sound begins to play and maybe 1 or 2 seconds after the sound stops playing. I think the amp or pre-amp circuit is missing some pull-up or pull down resistors to stop the popping noise. But for my case, at mid volume on the bose, I don't notice it. Probably something to do with the sound characteristics of the bose circuitry/enclosure/spkr characteristics/etc.. Other speakers could exhibit more pronounced popping sounds.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Pretty sure mine was temporarily fixed after updating the realtek audio drivers. And then again after updating Windows to the Creators Edition. But the popping came back.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hey ASUS!

I provided the evidence in the recordings above. This is an inexcusable problem on laptops that are supposed to have "premium audio systems".

Is there any work being done to fix this or are customers simply being ignored?

High quality sound is very important on machines like this. Word of this problem will effect sales as word spreads.

Please do something about it!!!

ROG Member Array AtomicStryker PC Specs
    AtomicStryker PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS
    MotherboardASRock Z170 Extreme4
    Processori5 6600k
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1080 @ watercooled
    MonitorAW3418D
    Storage #11TB Samsung Evo 850 Nvm
    CaseCoolermaster Cosmos
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650X
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Marantz SR6010 + DALI Opticon 5.1
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Accessory #1 Mo-Ra 2 Radiator
    Accessory #2 Magicool Pump

It is very clearly a power saving feature, or rather, they probably did not plan the on/off switching of the audio circuitry to be audible. There won't be a fix as leaving it on draws power (ASUS won't do that), "fixing" it would require hardware changes (not happening). You can go with the override solution (playing a blank wav on repeat) which forces audio to stay on, but it will draw more power.

ROG Enthusiast Array

If it's gating power based on the input signal the blank wave file wouldn't work.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

Quote Originally Posted by ST9752 View Post
    If it's gating power based on the input signal the blank wave file wouldn't work.
    It's whether something's intending to play sound or not, I believe a blank file should work.

Even if there's no sound on the wav.. there's still 'sound' if that makes sense.

What's worse is it now affects EXTERNAL speakers, and gawd is it annoying. It's a driver issue.. it happened with the G750's when installing a driver too recent, you needed to use an older one.

We just need a new driver at least one that gives us the option to turn off the sleep mode.
    Gosh Blue Lady.. ❤

JOIN THE ASUS T-SHOOT DISCORD <-- Clicky!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Agreed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast