cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not working

Yockeren
Level 7
Hello.

I have a problem with my wifi, i have installed the antennas correctly according to the manual and the drivers but Windows can't find any networks at all.
Bluetooth works fine though.

I know my house network works since i have other computers with wifi working.

Any help will be much appreciated!
4 REPLIES 4

Ljugtomten
Level 9
Yockeren wrote:
Hello.

I have a problem with my wifi, i have installed the antennas correctly according to the manual and the drivers but Windows can't find any networks at all.
Bluetooth works fine though.

I know my house network works since i have other computers with wifi working.

Any help will be much appreciated!

When searching for networks, you should have a drop-down list in Windows 10 with "Wi-Fi" and "Wi-Fi 2".
For me, the NIC with 802.11ad is named "Wi-Fi" and the default option but if I change to "Wi-Fi 2" you get to see networks detected at 2.4GHz and 5 GHz 🙂

I am having the same issue. I've downloaded and re-installed the drivers, connected the antenna, and there is no Wi-Fi. There's no wi-fi in device manager under network adapters. There's Bluetooth, Ethernet 2 for the Intel, and Ethernet 3 for the ROG 10G. STILL NO WIFI! Network properties shows local 2 Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter and 3 MS Virtual Adapter #2. They both say they are not present. Is there a switch?!

It's in the UEFI! Advance and Onboard Device settings. Wireless Controller, set to enable.

... I'm still angry

Wobbler
Level 7
The other Wifi(ac) is WiGig(ad), with driver you need to search the web to get windows 10 approved ones, not the beta ones Asus offers, and you need to make sure you have plugged the antennas right way for them to work, 1 wire antenna to the MB side port and the 2 wire antenna to the 2 ports left.