cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1800x @ 4Ghz - Voltages drop during Prime95

oxidation868
Level 7
First I set blck to 100 then multi to 40 and the bios takes it. The problem I'm having is that when I set cpu voltage to manual then 1.4V the bios will drop it down too 1.373 upon reboot. I can verify this as well.

Second anytime I bench test for stability the voltage drops down too 1.33 ( doesn't matter what voltage I chose it always drops). Some of the things that I've done to fix this is chosen performance in windows power management and disabled core performance boost in bios. I don't know if that helps. SMT is still enabled.

I don't know if LLC will help in this situation. If so what menu is it under within the bios. Thank you.

Last thing is my blck stays at 99.8 not 100 and my ram voltage tends to fluctuate between 1.177v and 1.199v when it should be 1.2v.

4 REPLIES 4

ded99
Level 7
You can try increasing LLC value to prevent voltage drops. It's in another menu below RAM settings menu.
If you have AI Suite 3, do it from there and if you find proper setting, then go to BIOS and permanently enable it.

ded99 wrote:
You can try increasing LLC value to prevent voltage drops. It's in another menu below RAM settings menu.
If you have AI Suite 3, do it from there and if you find proper setting, then go to BIOS and permanently enable it.

Thank you. Is it normal to have LLC on max setting to keep voltage from fluctuating?

ded99
Level 7
Well, it's definately not normal. It seems to be a "feature" of this board.

Vdroop is normal. It is only matter how much of it is there. C6H is not the best in this regard but not bad overall. Personally I wouldn't go higher than LLC3 (overshoot may be worse than lower LLCs and a tiny bit higher CPU voltage).