New ROGer Array

GL502VMK Plugged in not charging

Hi to everyone,
    first of all I apologise if someone has already answered this question in the past but I was unable to find it.
    I have this problem with my GL502VMK FY200T.
    I bought this computer in May and after two months at the end of July I realized that the charger doesn't charge the machine till 100%. It arrives at 99% and then says plugged in not charging. Is it this by design ( I don't think so) or what is the problem? I've already tried a lot solutions but without luck and this problem is driving me mad.
    I'm looking forward to hearing from You,
    Regards
    verbundenenaugen

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by verbundenenaugen View Post
    Hi to everyone,
    first of all I apologise if someone has already answered this question in the past but I was unable to find it.
    I have this problem with my GL502VMK FY200T.
    I bought this computer in May and after two months at the end of July I realized that the charger doesn't charge the machine till 100%. It arrives at 99% and then says plugged in not charging. Is it this by design ( I don't think so) or what is the problem? I've already tried a lot solutions but without luck and this problem is driving me mad.
    I'm looking forward to hearing from You,
    Regards
    verbundenenaugen
    Welcome to the forums!

It should really charge up to 100% normally and not just 99% although once it reaches 100%, it will slowly discharge to 94%, so you may need to keep an eye on it to be sure if it reaches 100% or not.

Once the battery reaches 100% though, it will not charge back up to 100% until the battery drops to 94% as mentioned at the website FAQ below (may not be that easy to find in the FAQ list, but should be there).

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1012793
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 08-28-2017 at 05:03 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Is there someone at Asus who can program the battery charging to let it discharge to 60% and hold it there?

Lenovo does this.

and info on the subject matter says it's better for the battery...

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by link626 View Post
    Is there someone at Asus who can program the battery charging to let it discharge to 60% and hold it there?

Lenovo does this.

and info on the subject matter says it's better for the battery...

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries
    Ah, good question and it's not something that I can provide an official answer for since I'm usually out of the loop for these kinds of questions, but did notice some of our newer notebook models like the S510UA include the 'ASUS Battery Health Charging' utility under their 'utilities' download site, so something we may see more on newer models if it catches on although not sure about the current models.

Below is the link for the ASUS Battery Health Charging utility FAQ if you're interested.
    https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032726

Thanks for the battery university link as well which I didn't know about regarding this particular topic.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 08-28-2017 at 11:36 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

thanks for that link

I just downloaded the Battery health util, and it even works for the GL702VS, but not for the GL502vm.

damn, I wish asus could tweak it to support the VM.
    Last edited by link626; 08-29-2017 at 10:36 AM.