cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3600Mhz ram on C6H help needed

simi_id
Level 7
Hello,

I have C6H with 1501 bios and the memory is GSkill F4-3600C17D-32GTZR CL17-19-19-39 1.35V
32GB (2x16GB Samsung 2 ranks, 16 banks) 3600Mhz
If I set in bios Dram Frequency to 3600Mhz and leave everything else on Auto, it doesn't want to work.
The only maximum value which works is 2933Mhz.
What shall I do to have the memory work at 3600 Mhz ?
Also can someone explain what each number in CL17-19-19-39 means, I mean what is the first 19 and the second, Ras, Cas, Trp, etc ? Where shall I place those manually ?
Also why the 16gbkit 2x8gb of the same ram (F4-3600C16D-16GTZR) have tighter timings 16-16-16 compared to mine 17-19-19 ? And what is all the fuss about hynyx vs samsung ?

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

HarlemSquirrel
Level 7
This is an old article but I don't think these concepts have changed.

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2164432,00.asp

Getting to 3600MHz may not be possible or desirable. I think performance peaks at around or just above 3200MHz. You'll likely need to tweak some voltage settings to get there.

I'm running at 3200MHz with a slight voltage increase.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Getting to 3,600, at least for me with my two kits (2X2X8) of G.Skill F4-3600C15-16GTZ has been a struggle I have given up on. The 9945 beta BIOS was by far the best BIOS this board has had for quantities of RAM over 16GB in total. The 1401 and 9920 might also be options you want to try. 1501 has been more miss for most than hit.
Syaoran

Gupsterg Compiled a lot of good information from various sources here. Probably one of the best links on that page is this one, which explains all the major acronyms that you will come across.

Running at 3600 is pie in the sky. It can run at 3600 rated, but the wait states that you have to build into the timings makes it redundant. 3466 is the best speed achievable. This may change with the next agesa code implementation.
AMD officially only supports up to 2666. Anything above this is considered overclocking, and overclocking invalidates your warranty.

If you want to post for help, then you get a better response if you supply good information.

Fill in your system specs in your profile. Open profile, under the option settings and functions, select edit details. Your pc specs can be entered near the bottom.

Within that link from Gupsterg there is a tool from the stilt Ryzen timings checker. This will display your current timings. Showing a screen dump of this will also go a long way to getting help.

Have fun with your new board.

HarlemSquirrel
Level 7
https://superuser.com/q/156781/443919

This is probably better

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

simi_id
Level 7
Thank you for the answers.
Watching on YouTube some videos I saw that asrock motherboards has an option in bios to enable memory xmp profile ... on Asus I understood is called DOCP which is more or less xmp.

But there are settings from one to five and none is for 3600mhz.
How can I select the 3600mhz xmp profile as I select it on Intel or asrock am4 boards?

simi_id wrote:
Thank you for the answers.
Watching on YouTube some videos I saw that asrock motherboards has an option in bios to enable memory xmp profile ... on Asus I understood is called DOCP which is more or less xmp.

But there are settings from one to five and none is for 3600mhz.
How can I select the 3600mhz xmp profile as I select it on Intel or asrock am4 boards?

I'm not sure if the actual XMP selection settings are there to use, but people around here are using Thaiphoon Burner to get more information on their RAM. Intel XMP's, at least on this motherboard, don't usually work. I have tried manually setting the XMP timings for my RAM manually and the board reboots a few times until it posts at the default RAM speed.
Syaoran

Syaoran wrote:
I have tried manually setting the XMP timings for my RAM manually and the board reboots a few times until it posts at the default RAM speed.

Same here. Also I saw on asrock bios that you can select cpu core configuration 4+4 3+3 4+0 ... is it possible on this board since I couldn't find this option.

simi_id wrote:
Same here. Also I saw on asrock bios that you can select cpu core configuration 4+4 3+3 4+0 ... is it possible on this board since I couldn't find this option.

Based solely on my personal experience with this motherboard, I would say it's the board holding back your RAM. I have tried my 4 sticks of F4-3600C15 in an MSI B350 Gaming Plus and was able to get the board to boot the first time after manually setting the RAM at the rated timings. I didn't test it for stability but it fully booted Windows 10 and ran fine for a good half hour. The boot times on the B350 motherboards are awful though! With new boards coming sooner than later with PCI-E 4.0 and hopefully some more premium features like 10Gbit ethernet. I am going to wait before gutting this system to replace the motherboard. For a stock experience, the C6H is a great mid-range board at an enthusiast price but don't expect much beyond that.
Syaoran

Emmily
Level 7
put dram volt to 1.38-1.40