Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ROGFanboy View Post
    Thank you for sharing this. My keyboard keeps disconnecting and reconnecting all the time. Do you think this would fix it? And could you please describe in a little more detail how I can use this fix? I'm sorry I just don't fully understand what to do here. Would greatly appreciate it!
    It's worth a shot. Go to Control Panel->Device Manager, then expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Look for the ones that say something like "AMD... 1.0 (Microsoft)". You'll have to update both the hubs and the controllers. Right click on one of the hubs and select "Update Driver", then "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", then "Have Disk...", then "Browse".

For the hubs, use what's in "C:\AMD\AMD-Chipset-Drivers\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdhub\W76 4A"
    For the controllers, use what's in "C:\AMD\AMD-Chipset-Drivers\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdxhc\W76 4A"

After selecting the file in each location, it will ask you to select the corresponding device. Pick the one that looks closest to the device you're updating. After hitting "Next", if you get a popup with a "Yes" or "No", hit no and try a different device.

I think if you update the controllers before the hubs, you might get some "Unknown Devices" showing up in device manager. These are likely the hubs that just need to be updated manually as well.

Sorry if this isn't super clear, try googling for how to manually install drivers if you run into any issues or want some screenshots.

ROG Enthusiast Array

PCI ROG 10G Performance issues

I am having issues copying large files over my 10g network, when I start to copy large files it starts out good, I get 500+ mbs, after a few seconds the transfer speed goes down to 0 and it just sits there for a few minutes then I get an Windows error about the network connection. I ran this several different ways but it seems to point to the ROG card. To eliminate some of the other variables, I then ran the same file copy over the on board Intel Lan of the motherboard and it worked with no issues (just a lot slower).

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by ssuski View Post
    It's worth a shot. Go to Control Panel->Device Manager, then expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Look for the ones that say something like "AMD... 1.0 (Microsoft)". You'll have to update both the hubs and the controllers. Right click on one of the hubs and select "Update Driver", then "Browse my computer for driver software", then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", then "Have Disk...", then "Browse".

For the hubs, use what's in "C:\AMD\AMD-Chipset-Drivers\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdhub\W76 4A"
    For the controllers, use what's in "C:\AMD\AMD-Chipset-Drivers\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdxhc\W76 4A"

After selecting the file in each location, it will ask you to select the corresponding device. Pick the one that looks closest to the device you're updating. After hitting "Next", if you get a popup with a "Yes" or "No", hit no and try a different device.

I think if you update the controllers before the hubs, you might get some "Unknown Devices" showing up in device manager. These are likely the hubs that just need to be updated manually as well.

Sorry if this isn't super clear, try googling for how to manually install drivers if you run into any issues or want some screenshots.
    Thank you so much for the detailed steps! Unfortunately I run into an issue right off the bat. There's no "C:\AMD..." on my PC. It used to be there, but after reinstalling a fresh copy of windows (Windows Reset) and reinstalling the chipset drivers, there is no more AMD folder in C:\. It says I currently have 17.10.3101 installed, but again, no AMD folder.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

@ROGFanBoy
    Download latest version from Zenith support page AMD Chipset Driver V17.30_9.0.000.8
    After extracting the files to a new folder, you should find them there
    https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/RO...Desk_Download/
    Last edited by Mikan02; 09-14-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Reinstalled OS just to be sure.
    Think I found a simple way to manual install.

-- Extract chipset to a new folder like mentioned in previous post
    -- Connect Mouse to the RED TypeC USB port at bottom
    -- Update both AMD USB 3.0 controllers "\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdxhc\W764A "
    *Two Unknown devices appear and two USB Root Hub(3.0) vanish. These two unknown devices is the "3.0" AMD Root HUBs (xHCI)*
    -- Install driver for both Unknown devices "\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdhub\W764A "
    *Now there will be only one option. No guessing^^*

*If wanted update USB 3.1 too with same method*
    -- Update the AMD USB 3.1 controller "\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB31_PT\amdxhc\W764A "
    *One Unknown devices appear and one USB Root Hub(3.0) vanish. This unknown device is the AMD USB 3.1 Root HUB*
    -- Install driver for the Unknown device "Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB31_PT\amdhub\W764A"
    *Again there will be only one option. ^^*

-- Connect mouse to any wanted USB port again
    -- Do a restart, just in case.

Remember to install like ssuski posted at least for the controllers, possible that normal
    method works on the Unknown devices but did not test.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssuski View Post
    Right click on one of the hubs and select "Update Driver", then "Browse my computer for driver software",
    then "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer", then "Have Disk...", then "Browse".
    Last USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) is for the ASMedia I guess.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mikan02 View Post
    Reinstalled OS just to be sure.
    Think I found a simple way to manual install.

-- Extract chipset to a new folder like mentioned in previous post
    -- Connect Mouse to the RED TypeC USB port at bottom
    -- Update both AMD USB 3.0 controllers "\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdxhc\W764A "
    *Two Unknown devices appear and two USB Root Hub(3.0) vanish. These two unknown devices is the "3.0" AMD Root HUBs (xHCI)*
    -- Install driver for both Unknown devices "\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB30_ZP\amdhub\W764A "
    *Now there will be only one option. No guessing^^*

*If wanted update USB 3.1 too with same method*
    -- Update the AMD USB 3.1 controller "\Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB31_PT\amdxhc\W764A "
    *One Unknown devices appear and one USB Root Hub(3.0) vanish. This unknown device is the AMD USB 3.1 Root HUB*
    -- Install driver for the Unknown device "Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\USB31_PT\amdhub\W764A"
    *Again there will be only one option. ^^*

-- Connect mouse to any wanted USB port again
    -- Do a restart, just in case.

Remember to install like ssuski posted at least for the controllers, possible that normal
    method works on the Unknown devices but did not test.
    Last USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) is for the ASMedia I guess.
    Thanks for the help, but I am REALLY screwed right now. PLEASE HELP ME.

This is what my USB controllers list looks like in Device Manager:

https://i.imgur.com/HmWZdk5.png

(I cannot post images here, it says invalid file).

I don't see unknown devices, I also don't see USB Root Hub 3.0 vanish.

BIG PROBLEM: I see only 2 Generic USB Hub. Used to be 3. I have an NZXT USB Hub with the following plugged in:
    1. USB cable to the motherboard
    2. USB cable to my NZXT Kraken X62 CPU cooler
    3. USB cable to my Hue+ (with 3 NZXT Aer fans)
    4. USB cable to my NZXT Grid+ V2

The Kraken is shown in the CAM software, but the Hue+ and Grid+ V2 are not. They are plugged in properly and should be functional (tested earlier).

How can I get these unbelievably frustrating and broken USB drivers fixed so all devices are recognized?

Thank you. Help is GREATLY appreciated.

Been testing new AIO, did not check until forum until now.
    Is the NZXT USB Hub connected to back panel or directly to motherboard?
    I guess you restarted after updating?

On image it looks like everything is ok, names are correct on hubs and controllers.

Edit:
    Did a test with my phone. I think it is "USB selective suspend" that is going nuts and
    the AMD USB ports switches between on and off on certain USB devices.
    Actually it could explain a lot considering the behavior some are getting.
    The bottom Red Type C does not show this behavior even with selective suspend is on,
    I think bottom red is one of the Asmedia ones but I am really not sure.

To disable selective suspend and this might even work with drivers provided by Microsoft:
    -->Settings -->System --> Power & Sleep --> Select "Additional power settings"
    -->Select "Change plan settings" on wanted power plan (Balanced / AMD Ryzen Balanced and so on)
    -->Select "Change advanced power settings"
    -->Scroll to "USB Settings" -->Change "USB selective suspend settings" to disabled and click apply/ok.
    Keep in mind all power plans that is used needs to be changed.

I will do a reinstall and check, maybe there is an easier solution for this.

I think I seen this recommended before to some people that have issues with AIO´s with USB connection.

---

Imgur images choose last link --> Linked BBCode
    On large thumbnails you can add the missing .jpg to first image file name in link,
    to make image display full resolution when clicked on.

---

Edit2:
    Well that did not help for me, but it seems to limited to the two middle
    USB 3.0 ports on top of the IO back panel for me. Just cant find the phone or just blinks.
    It is really odd cause it finds keyboard properly after update and mouse on all 4.
    Top row: 1 no issues - 2 can´t find phone or blinks - 3 can´t find phone or blinks - 4 no issues

But noticed AURA Custom Human interface popped up after updating all USB including the Asmedia one.
    They are all under a folder on the ROG USB with driver and utility that followed the board called AutoUnattend.
    Last edited by Mikan02; 09-17-2017 at 03:34 AM.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the help mate! Unfortunately I already tried disabling that and it didn't work for me either.

Can somebody please tell me what's wrong with my USB drivers?

Please see this list and tell me what I should change:

I would greatly appreciate help. The problems I have with my USB devices is insane. Disconnecting/reconnecting devices, long boot times and of course that error that says "Unknown USB Device (Device Failed Enumeration".

Thanks!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Disable Windows 10 auto driver update.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/d...-on-windows-10

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn7 View Post
    Disable Windows 10 auto driver update.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/d...-on-windows-10
    Thanks. Unfortunately it didn't change anything.

EDIT: Fixed it! Somebody on Reddit told me to unplug the power of the breakout box of my HTC Vive. Did the trick! Apparently it had to reinstall the firmware that way.
    Last edited by ROGFanboy; 09-27-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast