cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero Alpha + Sound card + software suggestions/question

Vinny1001
Level 9
So I'm a noob when it comes to sound cards, what's the best, and what software to use.

I have my Hero Alpha, and it supposedly has great audio on the mobo. I use Sonic Studio II and it seems to work great, sounds great, etc (for what I know). I only use headphones when gaming, then my 5.1 Logitech speakers for everything else.

Well, what outperforms the SupremeFX/Sonic Studio II motherboard audio/software? Willing to spend around $100.

I'm looking for a sound card that will just.. be better. I understand I need good headphones to actually benefit from the sound card.

If I get a certain sound card, am I forced to use their audio software, or can i stick with Sonic Studio II or software of my choice? I know I'd need the drivers. But for full benefit, is it suggested to use their software?

I'd need 3.5mm headphones, and NOT usb, 'cause I want to go through the sound card, correct?

Basically, what are the do's and don'ts?

Anyone know a good sound card/software/headphone combo?

I see the $100 Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX - I'd need to use their software? Or no?
Then I'm looking at the Asus Xonars, many different kinds. Which software works with this?

Thanks!
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.
0 REPLIES 0