cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware 3.0.0.4.382.15984 Feedback and Suggestions.

MarkSW
Level 8
Thought I would put this up here for people with issues and suggestions.

Need to add a force Master Browser setting for those of us who run the router 24/7 (that would be the majority)
Would like to see a Per IP Bandwidth monitoring section with the option to set a date to monitor data usage - Daily/Weekly/Monthly.
Removal of some of the apps which are not so necessary such as Game Radar - make these optional installs. This will reduce load on the system and improve performance.
Advanced tweaking options similar to what is available with the Merlin Firmware- after all it is a ROG router!

Regards
Mark
7 REPLIES 7

Fizzy
Level 7
VPN still does not work on wireless network. Wired is fine but when the vpn client is active on the router wireless devices have no internet access. *I am starting to think I have a bad unit. *Anyone else see this issue? *I am using nord vpn and have tried many different L2TP servers with the same result. A reboot of the router fixes the issue for less than 5 minutes. *Unusable...

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Mark,

Regarding the monitoring function, in Traffic Analyzer you can check the usage for each connected device or specific application on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. Exactly what is missing and what would you use it for?

Thanks

MarkSW
Level 8
Hi,
It would be good to have a full list of connected clients showing download and upload amounts with a combined total.
Also need a start/rollover date input for accurate monthly monitoring.
While the GT5300 Traffic Analyzer GUI does look cool, it is also impractical for functions such as this, due to the amount of buttons you have to push to see the different values.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback. The functions aforementioned will be assessed. While we are aware routers are generally not used exclusively for gaming, please keep in mind that it is still the focus for this router, the functions and design implemented will reflect that.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback. The functions aforementioned will be assessed. While we are aware routers are generally not used exclusively for gaming, please keep in mind that it is still the focus for this router, the functions and design implemented will reflect that.

Hi,

While I appreciate that it is a gaming router, the changes I am talking about are all basic functions that are currently supported with the Merlin firmware for routers that cost significantly less than the GT5300. This router should have those basic functions which are practical and easy to use, after all it has a quad core CPU with plenty of RAM and should not have issues running all the software.
My suggestion is to base the firmware on the Merlin firmware with all the tweaks, with the gaming functions added, after all it is a ROG product and the brand is known for being performance orientated and very tweakable.

Regards
Mark

MarkSW
Level 8
Another suggestion:
Game IPS- Web & App Filters -Would be good to allow custom blocking of websites, because as it stands now If I want to block Twitch but not YouTube, I can't unless there is some way to do this that I have not seen?

Regards
Mark

I agree with everything that MarkSW has said.