cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Hero boots straight to windows.

lolek74
Level 8
Hi all

I'm not sure but I think I have a problem with the board. When I boot it up it lights up the KB and mouse and hdd activity is flashing. However I cant see any POST screen and I can enter the BIOS. I tried DEL key but no luck. PC goes straight into the windows. The only way for me to get into the BIOS is to reset it. I'm not sure it might have something to do with UEFI. It is a bit strange that there is no POST screen.

Win 10 instaled in UEFI on GPT
55UH770T TV as a screen
i7-7700K
Asus MAXIMUS IX HERO
Corsair 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Vengeance LPX
960 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING 11GB
WD Red NAS 3TB
SuperNOVA 750 G3
Noctua NH-D15
Corsair Gaming STRAFE RGB SILENT
G502 mouse
9 REPLIES 9

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
try something with me here. connect the keyboard here is the usb conector 2.0 that said keybot . there are 4 lights on the board at the top and below where is the code indicator. when the green light appears on the board smash that delete key until bios appears. It happens to me also. i will tell you later what to do.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

lolek74
Level 8
I'm at work till 7am. I'll try it tomorrow morning.

Chino
Level 15

bfollowell
Level 9
I just built my new system using this motherboard and found out that I had no video output from DisplayPort initially and couldn't see any post screens until I connected via HDMI. Now that my system is setup and Windows is installed I see them, but I couldn't initially. It was very strange. If you have the option, try connecting via HDMI, assuming you aren't already, and see if that makes a difference.

mcleod52
Level 8
Isn't HDMI the preferred method to connect to a monitor anyway?

mcleod52 wrote:
Isn't HDMI the preferred method to connect to a monitor anyway?

No, not typically, at least not anymore. Many GPUs/monitors limit HDMI connections to a 60Hz refresh rate. If you have a fast monitor and a high-end GPU/system and want 144-165Hz, you typically need to use a DisplayPort connection.

lolek74
Level 8
I'm using HDMI.
I borrowed monitor from my neighbour and bang. Everything worked perfectly. Back to TV and post screen nowhere to be seen. Played with NVidia panel and changed resizing from overlay to GPU and now it all working. Not sure it was coincidence but it is working.

lolek74 wrote:
I'm using HDMI.
I borrowed monitor from my neighbour and bang. Everything worked perfectly. Back to TV and post screen nowhere to be seen. Played with NVidia panel and changed resizing from overlay to GPU and now it all working. Not sure it was coincidence but it is working.

Some TVs present handshake problems with PCs. See if your TV has a PC dedicated HDMI port or a PC mode. If it does, try using it.

lolek74
Level 8
I was using this tv for past 2 years. No problem. Something changed after changing PC. But you might be right. I did delete HDMI2 label that was used as a PC input. My bad for tryingfew things at once. Noe I'm not sure what fixed it....