cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Apex Audio Question?

apocalypzez
Level 10
I am surprised that no one's noticed that Maximus IX Apex has the EMI Shield missing. As per ASUS, supremeFX is a combination of Separated Audio section on the motherboard, High-end capacitors, software tweaks & EMI Shielding on every motherboards. But have you checked the M9A motherboard closely? There is no EMI Shielding. I was shocked because for a AUD$400 motherboard, this was unusual. So i gave technical support a shot, sent them a query regarding this component missing but instead I got the first reply saying that the
"integrated sound card is located on the motherboard on the bottom left corner. Please see the attachment for reference."[/unquote] and he attached a picture of the motherboard's sound card section and in that photo it's clear that the EMI Shield is not present. The second reply is even more hilarious, he says that the "
Audio line shielding is the EMI Shielding for the audio chipset. You can see the shielding line in the picture near the integrated audio chipset."[/unquote] So i give up and close the case.

My question is did ASUS intentionally do this or was this a mistake?? Because as soon as I bought this motherboard, my retailer (PCCaseGear.com.au) pulled off this product from their website. And if I go to ASUS AU website and select appropriate filters (Intel & ROG Motherboards, LGA1151, Z270 Chipset) I don't see the M9A.

ASUS Maximus IX APEX || Core i7 7700K || Corsair H150i Pro || EVGA RTX 2080 Ti B.E. || G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C15D-16GTZR 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 @ 15-16-16-35-2N || ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB x 2 (RAID0) || WD RED 3TB x 2 || Corsair AX1200i || NZXT H700i (without the smart hub) || Dell U3011 || Windows 10 Pro x64 || Logitech Z2300 THX Certified 2.1 & Corsair Vengeance 2000 ||
1 REPLY 1

Chino
Level 15
I'm not surprised really. The Apex motherboards are mainly aimed at extreme overclockers. I don't think they would care too much about sound quality.