cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY 'D' key pad issue

neilzen11
Level 7
Hello,

I'm having problem with my 'D' keypad on G751JY.

There are times that it is not working.

Sample Scenario while playing CS:GO

I'm strafing to right so that's keypad 'D' and it will go right but there will be times where it will stop and go or wont strafe at all.

What should I do about it?

Its 2 years old and I just experience it 2 weeks ago.
2 REPLIES 2

Clintlgm
Level 14
Sounds like the cap may be loose on the hinge or the hinge may be loose on the keyboard base, look on the notebook key replacement websites or You Tube for how these keys are assembled you won't need to replace unless you can't get it reassembled correctly, as in plastic tabs on key cap are broken or bent. Where the hinge connect to the keyboard base metal tabs are connected to the hinge if these metal tabs get broken then you'll need to replace the entire keyboard.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Sounds like the cap may be loose on the hinge or the hinge may be loose on the keyboard base, look on the notebook key replacement websites or You Tube for how these keys are assembled you won't need to replace unless you can't get it reassembled correctly, as in plastic tabs on key cap are broken or bent. Where the hinge connect to the keyboard base metal tabs are connected to the hinge if these metal tabs get broken then you'll need to replace the entire keyboard.

Thanks! I'll look on it and give you feedback in a week 🙂

Thanks again!*