ROG Member Array

Unhappy Desktop ROG G20CB - Shut Down by Himself and wont turn on anymore

Hello Everyone,
    I was using my ROG G20CB , I was just talking on Skype so nothing heavy for the CPU, and the computer shut off.
    I was thinking initially of a power outage but then I have seen that the monitor was ON so it was something different.
    I touched the PC to check if it was overheated but no... it was slightly warm as always. So touched the Power Adapters and one of the two was a little warm (the smaller 180W one ) and the 230W was completely cold.
    I tried everything, I let the PC to "cool down" all night, I tried to press and hold the Power button for one minute with the Power Adapters disconnected (to discharge any residual electricity in the system) I also borrowed another 230W Power adapter to see if was it, and nothing happened.
    The PC wont start.
    I have noticed that when I connect the 180W Power adapter, the USB ports works because the mouse light is lit but the PC wont Start.

Anyone can help with this issue? The PC was bought the last XMas and had care of it very well.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array chilinmichael's Avatar

If you read my posts of the numerous issues I've had, my replacement motherboard went bad and had the exact same thing happen. I guess it's at least a bad batch of motherboards. Mine shut down during Netflix, never to turn on again. Had to send it in, they replaced the motherboard again.

You are going to have to send it in for service.
    Asus G20CB - Core i7 6700, Nvidia GTX980, 16GB Ram, 256GB SK Hynix SSD, 1TB Samsung SSD.

ASUS HQ Service Rep Array Bill@ASUS's Avatar

Hello AlexySK
    As suggested by chilinmichael, please send your unit in for repair.
    Thank you

New ROGer Array Kenan83 PC Specs
    Kenan83 PC Specs
    MotherboardIntel® H170
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 7700/Processor
    Memory (part number)16GB of DDR4
    Graphics Card #1NVidia GTX 1070 (ASUS Design) 8 GB GDDR5
    Sound CardOnboard
    MonitorAsus
    Storage #1256 SanDisk X400 SSD
    Storage #21TB Seagate hard disk
    CPU CoolerOnboard
    CaseG20CI-DE009T 104mm x 340mm x 358mm
    Power SupplyAsus ROG G20CI (230W + 180W, external)
    Mouse Logitech G-600 MMO
    Mouse Pad HYPER X
    OS Windows 10 (64-bit)

you can throw it into the trash i got problems with RoG too to loud to hot celsius wast of money