cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 10 array partially gone on Rampage V Edition 10

MattDeox
Level 7
I had a Raid 10 consisting of 4x Samsung 950 pro 1TB as a secondary Volume 😧
Now I needed to swap some parts along with reorganizing the SSD location on my Computer and disconnected the power.
Apparently the battery on the mainboard seemed to be dead and so the BIOS settings were reset.

When I booted back into Windows I had 4 unrecognized drives and the Intel driver marked the Raid as failed.
Now I booted back into BIOS and changed the settings back to RAID configuration.
On the Intel Raid tab it recognized the RAID array but marked it as Failed.

Here is a screenshot:

Click here for full image

It seems 2 SSDs are still in the Raid while 2 are not.

Here is a screenshot of the Intel Driver:

Click here for full image

Now when I reorganized the 4 SSDs the cable slipped away on some drives so I couldn't exactly plug them in as they were.
Could this be the issue here or is it something else?
How can I restore the array?

I've seen some other threads involving TestDisk but I think here it's a bit different since the RAID array is partially recognized.
1 REPLY 1

MiRai
Level 8
I just dealt with this on an RIVBE X79 system, and I used the TestDisk method—it worked quickly and flawlessly.

http://www.overclock.net/t/478557/howto-recover-intel-raid-non-member-disk-error

To be fair, my RAID configuration was done through a UI that wasn't the Asus BIOS specifically, so perhaps your issue is slightly different (although it doesn't look like it since what IRST is showing you is exactly what it was showing me).