cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Z270F bios pwm and dc

Goamania
Level 7
Hi there im using last bios update 1009. My problem is when i want to use cpu fan pwm i set it to pwm but after a restart it does not recognize my setting and it goes back to default or dc. Is there a way to fix this ? Plus on the bios screen its shows my rams as 2133mhz but my rams are 3000mhz is this normal?
5 REPLIES 5

Goamania
Level 7
I have corsair h80i v2 water cooling

Goamania wrote:
I have corsair h80i v2 water cooling

Check the cabling. If it's a 4 pin connector, PWM should work fine.

Corsair 4x 8gb DDR4 3000mhz (CMU16GX4M2C3000C15)

As for your memory problem, you're combining memory kits so XMP won't always work. Return both kits and get a single memory kit of the capacity that you want. If not, then you'll have to spend time manually tweak the timings and voltages to make both memory kits play well with each other.

kwaka
Level 7
Unsure about PWM issue, but the RAM problem is normal I think.
You will need to set a XMP profile for the ram to stay at your requested frequency (I believe). I am no expert but have the same mobo on order for my next build.

Syberon
Level 8
I have a Z270H mobo with BIOS 1009 and don't have any issues with PWM control. My CPU fan use 4-pin PWM connector and it's work good.
As kwaka said to apply the settings of your memory you have to set XMP profile. But after setting XMP profile, don't forget to manually set "System Agent Voltage" and "VCCIO Voltage" to 1.10 - 1.15 volts, or your system probably doesn't start after shutdown or sleep mode.