Did you mean: 

sli 2d surround works only with nvidia 384.94

onnovampire
Level 7
only nvidia 384.94 driver works with surround
2 REPLIES 2

Av8tor2
Level 7
I have SLI working in my system with two EVGA FTW 1080ti's. (ducking).

I did have issues getting them work at the start and had to reboot several times and use different cables for the monitors. Display port for two of them and HDMI for the third. All connection are coming from the same video card.

At one point only one monitor would work, was just about pull a card. But unplugged all the monitors and added them one by one to get at least a video to show up. When I say unplugged the was the video cable and power cable too. Once I had video on the monitors from the cards, then I enable SLI. Also make sure you arrange your monitors in the control panel with both Windows and NVidia, before you enable SLI.

I still have a few issues with SLI sometime not working correctly and the resolution will change, when the happens the icons on the desktop will all move to the left most monitor. Most of the time, I give it a few seconds and drag one icon back to its position and the other will snap back in place.

I am using driver version 385.41.

Thanks for your answer.
I have everything connected to the displayports, because with the asus pa328q monitor it gives better picture quality than with the hdmi connection.
Displayport gives higher bandwide.
For the first card I use displayport 2 and for the second and thirth monitor, the second videocard, because nvidia recommends it like that.
If I would connect everything to the first card the heat difference between the first and the second card would become too much.