cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370 drivers

simi_id
Level 7
Hello

What drivers should I install for amd x370 chipset ?
I've downloaded and installed from and the chipset driver. What else should I install ?
Isn't there an ahci driver from amd like Intel rst ?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

dlbsyst
Level 9
simi_id wrote:
Hello

What drivers should I install for amd x370 chipset ?
I've downloaded and installed from and the chipset driver. What else should I install ?
Isn't there an ahci driver from amd like Intel rst ?

Thanks

Yes, the 17.30 chipset driver's from AMD and go to Asus and get the remaining ones for your board. Don't install the chipset driver's from Asus though. Thay are older than the ones from AMD.

simi_id
Level 7
Thanks ... But neither on Asus site I can find something for ahci driver.
I mean with amd we shall use the default ms drivers in windows ?

simi_id wrote:
Thanks ... But neither on Asus site I can find something for ahci driver.
I mean with amd we shall use the default ms drivers in windows ?

Yes, just make sure to partition your main hard drive to GPT and not MBR especially if you are using an SSD hard drive and Windows 10. I assume you are. I get amazing performance with my Samsung 850 Evo using the MS AHCI driver's.

andyliu
Level 9
the ahci driver is located under the path \Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\AHCI\W764A
after you unzip the chipset driver.

andyliu wrote:
the ahci driver is located under the path \Packages\Drivers\SBDrv\hseries\AHCI\W764A

Thanks Andyliu for chiming in. I wonder why these drivers don't install when you install the chipset driver's. Do you think my performance would be even better with these verses the default MS ones?

andyliu wrote:

I think I just answered my own question when I went to install these drivers and realized they are for Windows 7 and I am running Windows 10.

andyliu
Level 9
well, I let windows 10 detect the driver, and it somehow prefer the one under W764A
the windows 10 one does come with win10, all you need to do is go to device manager, IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers right click on the standard SATA AHCI driver and select update driver.
select let me pick driver and uncheck show compatible driver and scroll to AMD.

But ya, 1 sata controller prefer the AMD controller driver while the other one prefer MS default when you let windows detect the driver

simi_id
Level 7
Interesting, I am not saying that ms ahci driver is bad but as I know Intel rst driver is a little bit better in performance than microsoft driver, not by much but I think optimization matter when the producer write it's own drivers for their own chipsets.

simi_id wrote:
Interesting, I am not saying that ms ahci driver is bad but as I know Intel rst driver is a little bit better in performance than microsoft driver, not by much but I think optimization matter when the producer write it's own drivers for their own chipsets.

ya I always try to get RST driver and it normally detected as a better driver.
but for this one, it like w7 on 1 controller and the MS one on the other one;x67075