cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Having Adaptive Mode Issues

xovague
Level 8
No matter what I try it always seems like my adaptive mode wants to try to match my VID, only difference is my VCORE doesn't bounce around as much but still wants to spike as high as the VID goes

*Is there something im missing here on why it's doing this? If any has any tips or advice on why this could be happening please help me out, I plan on deliding my chip and getting to 5ghz and i'm not trying to have it on manual voltage when I achieve this, I would like to have it on adaptive atleast I don't think constant voltage to the chip is fairly good for it

*i7-7700k OC 4.8ghz
Strix Z270F Motherboard
*x2 8gb (16gb) Vengeance LED Ram (X.M.P 3000mhz)
I've messed with all LLC Levels, I have Speed-step and C-States enabled, Balanced Performance is on, IA AC/DC set to 0.01, Adaptive Mode Turbo set to 1.235V with a "+" Auto Offset *I do not do any stress testing of any sort when observing my VCORE, the spiking is happening during normal computer use... not even gaming
4 REPLIES 4

xovague
Level 8
Anyone?

Nate152
Hi xovague

With back ground applications/processes running, cpu frequency and voltage fluctuation is normal.

I delidded my 7700k and have it overclocked to 5.2GHz with 1.440v, LLC level 6. I also run it in manual mode and is safe to do so, the only drawback is it uses more power, adaptive mode is a power saving feature.

If you'd like to see my delidding results start here on page 9, 6th post down, there are some game videos on the last page with clock speeds, temps etc...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92094-Maximus-IX-Code-A-little-insight-and-delidded-7700k/...

The VID is the voltage requested, the Vcore is the actual voltage which is the one to pay attention to. You can only go lower than the VID in manual mode.

Hello,

Are you trying to achieve the following?

Idle = 800MHz @ ~0.8v
load = 4.8GHz @ ~1.235v

Have you considered using the BIOS offset mode: [Auto] [Override] [Offset mode] [Adaptive], with Windows power options set to "power saver". I don't have an ASUS board yet so can't go into details but for 2 different branded Z170 boards and a 6700K CPU this works with the desired outcome.

Maybe possible (I would imagine) for your board?

MacLeod77
Level 7
xovague wrote:
No matter what I try it always seems like my adaptive mode wants to try to match my VID, only difference is my VCORE doesn't bounce around as much but still wants to spike as high as the VID goes

*Is there something im missing here on why it's doing this? If any has any tips or advice on why this could be happening please help me out, I plan on deliding my chip and getting to 5ghz and i'm not trying to have it on manual voltage when I achieve this, I would like to have it on adaptive atleast I don't think constant voltage to the chip is fairly good for it

*i7-7700k OC 4.8ghz
Strix Z270F Motherboard
*x2 8gb (16gb) Vengeance LED Ram (X.M.P 3000mhz)
I've messed with all LLC Levels, I have Speed-step and C-States enabled, Balanced Performance is on, IA AC/DC set to 0.01, Adaptive Mode Turbo set to 1.235V with a "+" Auto Offset *I do not do any stress testing of any sort when observing my VCORE, the spiking is happening during normal computer use... not even gaming

You could try changing the offset sign to minus instead of plus. I found when it was positive, overshoots seemed to be higher. I'm running 4.8ghz with 1.29 adaptive and - 0.1 for the offset with all other settings same as yours and a load line of 2. I wish I could used 1.235!! This seems to reign in the spikes and the cpu stays at 70 degrees under full load stress testing and 60 in most games.

Because of the stupid 75 degrees threshold on the CPU header, i plugged the AIO cooler fans in to CHA2 and disabled the CPUFAN monitor to allow the system to boot. No spikey fans ever!