cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS GL502VM heat issue

haseeb720
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I need serious help i try everything on my laptop but still temperature 95c while playing and also CPU throttling.
1-i try down voltage CPU -.120 and GPU 831mv
2-i replace Artic thermal pad 1m and also replace thermal past thermaltake TG-8 Extreme
But still temp while playing 95c.please help me to solve this issue I really appreciate.
Regards,
Haseeb
5 REPLIES 5

link626
Level 7
if your room is hot, you won't see lower temps.

you may need to turn off turbo boost.

This laptop often runs hot, but cpu throttling should not go below stock 2.6ghz.

link626 wrote:
if your room is hot, you won't see lower temps.

you may need to turn off turbo boost.

This laptop often runs hot, but cpu throttling should not go below stock 2.6ghz.

My room temperature always below 25c.i try everything but actually I don’t want to turn off turbo boost because of performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link626
Level 7
you may not see any noticeable difference in performance if you turn off turbo boost.
So you should seriously consider that when doing gpu-heavy tasks.
You can't have high performance without heat. and when you have heat, you'll have throttling, especially with a thin laptop like this.

I have observed that Asus has given this an aggressive thermal allowance. They let the cpu to run longer in turboboost and run very hot before any throttling occurs.

Other manufacturers program their thermal management to throttle at lower temps.... like 85C.
so if this were any other brand laptop, you would see less turbo boost, and cpu throttling much earlier.

But let's not misuse the term.... it's not called throttling if the cpu runs at 2.6ghz and 2.8ghz for the 6700hq or 7700hq respectively.

One thing you could consider is to download Notebook FanControl.

Load the GL702vm profile, and crank up both fans to 100% manually. It might help a little.

Also, get Throttlestop, and set the max multiplier somewhere between stock and turbo.

If you have 6700hq, set at 29x multiplier
for 7700hq, set at 31x.

if you've done a good paste job, short of removing the bottom panel, software is the only way you'll control heat.

Dear,
Thanks a lot for your advice i solve issue with liquid metal thermal past.know maximum temp 90C and no CPU and GPU throttling.
Regards,
Haseeb

link626
Level 7
hopefully there is no aluminum in the heatsink, as liquid metal will severely damage it.