Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deepcuts View Post
    24 deg. Celsius was the temperature when the computer started. Here it is still winter, so ambient is a bit chilly.
    As you can see, average is 30 deg. Celsius.
    My Noctua case fans might help a bit also.

For turning off fans have you installed GPU Tweak 2?
    If yes and fans still run all the time, I heard there are two official BIOS versions: one for silence and one for performance.
    Maybe you got the performance version which might spin the fans all the time. I say "might" because I am not sure. I have not changed my BIOS.
    Enable the 0dB function so that fans will not kick in unless necessary. Also note that the 3 fans may not start spinning at the same time.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Deepcuts View Post
    @Nemorath , I have the exact card and my idle temps, with fans NOT spinning is in the low 30's
    Most likely you setup the Power management mode to Performance, which will cause such high temperatures with no load. Set it to Adaptive. I had the same problem.

Now, I do not deny that the fans are noisy and I was thinking of modding them also with some noctua fans and also that the lack of hysteresis in the fan curve is problematic to say the least.

Idle temps below:
    Attachment 72569
    What is "Power management"? Is it the advanced setting in windows power plan? If yes, there is no adaptive setting, only balanced, and that is what I am using.

Regardless of what, it is sad to see that ASUS fail at the finish line with their top of the line card, had they only payed some half descent developer to lead the scrumming or just simply reused AI Suite 3 AND called Noctua and have them send over a million fans or so, ASUS would have gone down in history with one of the best preforming AND silent cards ever. I highly doubt that any of us spending approx 1000$ for this card would mind spending 5$ extra for for that.
    Last edited by Nemorath; 05-01-2018 at 08:45 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array F0x135 PC Specs
    F0x135 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Strix Z370-F
    Processor8700K
    Memory (part number)F4-2400C15Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Strix 1080Ti
    Graphics Card #2Strix 1080Ti
    MonitorAgon AG352UCG
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo NVME 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster ML240R aRGB
    CaseFractal Meshify C
    Power SupplyInWin C900 Platinum
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech MX Master

56,6 is a weird temp for the fans to start spinning. I had managed to get mine to finally switch off once installing GPUTWEAK, and noticed the default is 60C for the fans to start spinning. Maybe change your fan curve to start at 60C?

I have gotten rid of GPUTWEAK since then and went back to Afterburner as i like the OSD, but i've replicated the fans curve to be off until 60C.

The card with all fans off, and only one intake case fan spinning, sits at 40-45 degrees depending on ambient temp (it's late summer still here in Sydney). But my case has excellent airflow being a Meshify C. How's the cooling in your case?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Deepcuts PC Specs
    Deepcuts PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X HERO BIOS 1901
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K @ 4.7Ghz 1.215V
    Memory (part number)CMR32GX4M4C3466C16 @ 3200Mhz 1.360V
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix GTX 1080Ti OC 11GB
    Sound CardCreative Omni 5.1 USB
    MonitorDell 24' S2417DG
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 960 nvme 500 GB
    Storage #2Seagate NAS 8TBx2
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi760
    Keyboard Razer DeathStalker Chroma
    Mouse Razer Abyssus
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterMikrotik

Quote Originally Posted by Nemorath View Post
    What is "Power management"? Is it the advanced setting in windows power plan? If yes, there is no adaptive setting, only balanced, and that is what I am using.

Regardless of what, it is sad to see that ASUS fail at the finish line with their top of the line card, have they only payed some half descent developer to lead the scrumming of just simply reused AI Suite 3 AND called Noctua and have them send over a million fans of so ASUS would have gone down in history with one of the best preforming AND silent cards ever. I highly doubt that any of us spending aprox 1000$ for this card would mind spending 5$ extra for for that.

NVIDIA Control Panel.

I agree, the card could use better fans.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2