cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-LED no Longer displays TEMP and Boot issue after 3504 bios update.

IconicEyE
Level 7
I decided to update my Bios from 2202 to the latest due to the Intel Hyperthreading bug.

After Updating my system bios my system still worked but some things have negatively changed. First The Q-LED used to Show the CPU temperature and now it just says "A0" 24/7 when it's on.

Second my system takes along time to boot now. First I see no Displayport monitor detected, then I see the Rog Logo with "press F2 or Del to enter setup" it shows this message for a good 12 sec. Then it goes black and the Rog Logo pops back up for another 8 Sec. After it will finally boot into Windows.

Has anyone else had this Issue with the Q-LED no Longer displaying Temp?
3 REPLIES 3

emsir
Level 8
IconicEyE wrote:
I decided to update my Bios from 2202 to the latest due to the Intel Hyperthreading bug.

After Updating my system bios my system still worked but some things have negatively changed. First The Q-LED used to Show the CPU temperature and now it just says "A0" 24/7 when it's on.

Second my system takes along time to boot now. First I see no Displayport monitor detected, then I see the Rog Logo with "press F2 or Del to enter setup" it shows this message for a good 12 sec. Then it goes black and the Rog Logo pops back up for another 8 Sec. After it will finally boot into Windows.

Has anyone else had this Issue with the Q-LED no Longer displaying Temp?

By default the Rog Led shows the boot code (A0) You have to change it in bios to Auto. Then Q-led will show temp.

For the display port issue, you have to change your settings in secure boot. Are you using UEFI boot?

Vinny1001
Level 9
Updating to BIOS 3504 reset my BIOS settings (as usual) so be sure to go back in and set the Q LED to "Auto" IIRC.

Also, I have a similar issue after updating to the new BIOS, where if my PC goes into sleep, and wakes up, the Q code LED reads "30" and doesn't show temperature.

Before this BIOS it use to wake from sleep and continue showing the CPU temperature properly.

Please see my other thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95627-Hero-Alpha-3504-BIOS-after-sleep-mode-the-mobo-LED-r...

I hope this is addressed by Asus, even though they say it's normal, which obviously isn't if it didn't do this before..

If I have settings for CPU temp on the Q LED, then it should perform that way. I know there are sleep states that show through the Q LED, but if I wake my PC up and it runs as normal... then I don't see why it shouldn't show what I have my settings set to (Auto...)
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.