ROG Member Array

Q-LED no Longer displays TEMP and Boot issue after 3504 bios update.

I decided to update my Bios from 2202 to the latest due to the Intel Hyperthreading bug.

After Updating my system bios my system still worked but some things have negatively changed. First The Q-LED used to Show the CPU temperature and now it just says "A0" 24/7 when it's on.

Second my system takes along time to boot now. First I see no Displayport monitor detected, then I see the Rog Logo with "press F2 or Del to enter setup" it shows this message for a good 12 sec. Then it goes black and the Rog Logo pops back up for another 8 Sec. After it will finally boot into Windows.

Has anyone else had this Issue with the Q-LED no Longer displaying Temp?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by IconicEyE View Post
    I decided to update my Bios from 2202 to the latest due to the Intel Hyperthreading bug.

After Updating my system bios my system still worked but some things have negatively changed. First The Q-LED used to Show the CPU temperature and now it just says "A0" 24/7 when it's on.

Second my system takes along time to boot now. First I see no Displayport monitor detected, then I see the Rog Logo with "press F2 or Del to enter setup" it shows this message for a good 12 sec. Then it goes black and the Rog Logo pops back up for another 8 Sec. After it will finally boot into Windows.

Has anyone else had this Issue with the Q-LED no Longer displaying Temp?
    By default the Rog Led shows the boot code (A0) You have to change it in bios to Auto. Then Q-led will show temp.

For the display port issue, you have to change your settings in secure boot. Are you using UEFI boot?
    Last edited by emsir; 09-04-2017 at 07:47 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Vinny1001 PC Specs
    Vinny1001 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha
    ProcessorIntel Skylake 6700k 4.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 2x 8GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Asus STRIX 1080 Ti
    MonitorBenQ XL2411
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro, 840 Pro, M.2 840 Evo
    Storage #22x 1TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerCorsair H60
    CaseCorsair Carbide 300R
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 Modular
    Mouse Swiftpoint The Z
    Headset Logitech G240
    Mouse Pad Swiftpoint The Z Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers 5.1 Logitech Surround Z506
    OS Windows 10 Pro, version 1703
    Network RouterAsus RT N66U

Updating to BIOS 3504 reset my BIOS settings (as usual) so be sure to go back in and set the Q LED to "Auto" IIRC.

Also, I have a similar issue after updating to the new BIOS, where if my PC goes into sleep, and wakes up, the Q code LED reads "30" and doesn't show temperature.

Before this BIOS it use to wake from sleep and continue showing the CPU temperature properly.

Please see my other thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...s-quot-30-quot

I hope this is addressed by Asus, even though they say it's normal, which obviously isn't if it didn't do this before..

If I have settings for CPU temp on the Q LED, then it should perform that way. I know there are sleep states that show through the Q LED, but if I wake my PC up and it runs as normal... then I don't see why it shouldn't show what I have my settings set to (Auto...)

New ROGer Array zebulon2 PC Specs
    zebulon2 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VIII Gene
    ProcessorIntel 6700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15R)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX970 SC (04G-P4-1972-KR)
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 256MB
    Storage #2Samsung 850 PRO 512MB + HDDs Hitachi/Seagate
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-U9S
    Power SupplyCorsair RM850i
    OS Arch Linux 64bit