cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1950X + ROG Zenith Extreme = Weird Hang Up's?

itzjonjon69
Level 9
Hey guy's just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing this problem. When i put together the system everything fired up flawlessly and ran fine. However, i've noticed now that the computer will hang completely (forcing me to press and hold power button to shut off and power back on) when there seems to be a memory/CPU heavy application running. Tried to play Mass Effect Andromeda and the game kept hanging during the character customization load screen. Then i noticed when i was using the computer to decompress some big files the system would hang/crash. However, i've been able to play some video games flawlessly without any problems.

Setup:
AMD 1950X OC'ed to 4.0 GHz (running D.O.C.P profile)
Zenith Extreme (BIOS 9960)
GSkill TridentZ 32GB (32000)
GTX 1080
PSU 1000 Watts
13900KS | Z790 Apex | GSkill DDR5-8000 | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC
3 REPLIES 3

Ljugtomten
Level 9
itzjonjon69 wrote:
Hey guy's just wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing this problem. When i put together the system everything fired up flawlessly and ran fine. However, i've noticed now that the computer will hang completely (forcing me to press and hold power button to shut off and power back on) when there seems to be a memory/CPU heavy application running. Tried to play Mass Effect Andromeda and the game kept hanging during the character customization load screen. Then i noticed when i was using the computer to decompress some big files the system would hang/crash. However, i've been able to play some video games flawlessly without any problems.

Setup:
AMD 1950X OC'ed to 4.0 GHz (running D.O.C.P profile)
Zenith Extreme (BIOS 9960)
GSkill TridentZ 32GB (32000)
GTX 1080
PSU 1000 Watts

Return to stock settings for CPU and memory.
When you have verified all is working OK at those settings, you can try to OC again. Start with memory and make sure that is stable before proceeding with CPU.

Ljugtomten wrote:
Return to stock settings for CPU and memory.
When you have verified all is working OK at those settings, you can try to OC again. Start with memory and make sure that is stable before proceeding with CPU.

Wow I just went into the BIOS and hit load defaults booted up windows opened up Mass Effect Andromeda and no crashes... Now let me run the memory at DOCP and see if there's any hang ups.
13900KS | Z790 Apex | GSkill DDR5-8000 | Gigabyte 4090 Gaming OC

IM3CPO
Level 7
I am guessing you are over heating... I have had 0 stability issues other than heat.