cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1080ti sli nvidia control panel showing cards in reverse

gtkbigdirt
Level 7
my nvidia control panel is showing my top card (pciex16 slot1) as my #2 card and my bottom card (pciex16 slot3) as my #1 card how can i fix this
7 REPLIES 7

starlightknight
Level 7
On a firmware level, the board reports Slot 1 with a much higher number (43) than the other slots, which go 4/5/6/7. This could be what's causing that. If that's the case, I don't think there's anything you can do about it at the time of writing. There seem to be a lot of PCIe related bugs with the current firmware.

Ljugtomten
Level 9
Same applies for me, two GTX 980 cards.
Only cosmetic in the OS as I can tell, SLI works as intended.

same here
may cause problems with 2d surround (3 monitors)

everything seems to work (sli ect) but evga percision see the cards as 1 & 2 so it only overclocks one card for some reason. Its got me banging my head on the wall

Confirmed, i hope they will solve this in the future the have issues enough to do. Bios 0046 solve SLI performance stuttering and a major improve on read and write speed with M.2. and disks

Mikan02
Level 7
Missed this thread.
Same with my two Titan Xp and I think it is only cosmetic too like Ljugtomten said.
I did report it to Nvidia earlier thou.

@gtkbigdirt
Afterburner 4.4.0 beta 16 works for me on both cards, except some rare instances it
reset custom settings for some reason right before launching 3DMark.

Going to throw my hat in this ring too.

I have two EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3, in the Nvidia Control Panel.

The top slot is showing as the second card, and the third slot is showing as the first card.

The issue I have is I can not get SLI to work with both cards and 3 monitors. If I put one of the monitors on the second card it never turns on. So as of right now I have SLI all 3 monitors running on one card. There is is about a 4 to 6 deg c. difference between the cards at idle, and around 10 - 20 deg c. at load.

With EVGA Precision, the cards are cards show up as the first one is in the third slot and the second one is in the first slot.