cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU fan for DIMM 2 slot?

pisymbol
Level 7
For those using the DIMM2 slot: Did you install an external fan on top of it? The manual is woefully vague about this feature.
4 REPLIES 4

Ljugtomten
Level 9
pisymbol wrote:
For those using the DIMM2 slot: Did you install an external fan on top of it? The manual is woefully vague about this feature.

I have not installed any fans, using a Samsung 960 Pro and 960 Evo in it.
My case Coolermaster HAF-X have a lot of big fans in it, which helps to keep a good airflow.

In the top of the case is a Corsair H100i v2 in a push-pull config, that removes hot air from the top of the case.

vsimone67
Level 7
pisymbol wrote:

I installed the fan on top a few days ago. I had some old GSKILL Memory fans that I used to mount on the top. I do not know what the temp was before I put them on (I forgot to check) but now both M2 drives with the fan are 28 and 29c which is really cool

Can you post a pic? I think I understand what Asus wants but there is nothing in the guide AFAICT.

pisymbol wrote:
Can you post a pic? I think I understand what Asus wants but there is nothing in the guide AFAICT.

Here are two pics, hope they help