cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Post with Raid Controller Card / addon PCIe

CaptainFist
Level 7
Hi,

The board don´t boot with my LSI 9650SE ML16 card, no matter wich slot i use.
Error Message CODE: 07 NVRAM

Edit: now it is CODE:92 Test NVRAM

With my Intel 4port lan card the same.

:confused:

Sorry for Bad English i am from Germany...
31 REPLIES 31

starlightknight
Level 7
The X399 platform unfortunately seems to have serious PCIe bus issues so far. There are other common cards like USB controllers that don't POST either. A lot of these issues have been reported with other X399 motherboard models as well, so I'm unsure of if this is directly Asus's fault or something with AMD's base firmware (or a combination of the two). I've had trouble getting either Asus or AMD to acknowledge via forum posts or support tickets.

Someone from Asus Read this? :mad:
It´s a big issue for me, buying a Rig for 2500€ and my hardrives are not accessible over my raidcontroller.

Set Cpu link to pcie 1.0 don´t help.
Insert the Card to Pcie 2.0 from chipset no boot
CSM settings ?

Time to next bios update?

Don´t ignore the post may help.. .

CaptainFist wrote:
Someone from Asus Read this? :mad:
It´s a big issue for me, buying a Rig for 2500€ and my hardrives are not accessible over my raidcontroller.

Set Cpu link to pcie 1.0 don´t help.
Insert the Card to Pcie 2.0 from chipset no boot
CSM settings ?

Time to next bios update?

Don´t ignore the post may help.. .

Since I suffer from similar issues, I sympathize but I doubt you'll get a response here; every one of my posts has been ignored as well as my support tickets. Sadly, it took leaving a 1-star review on the board to get a response from ASUS, and that response has amounted to nothing of value so far. I'm nearing the end of my RMA window personally, and at this rate I'll be packing it up to send back 😕

Sure the platform is 30 days on the market.

I understand that there were Bugs... a simple comment from a Community manager like : We know an working on it, here a beta Bios with a workaround.

I miss the days where beta Bios accessible for all from the Public Asus FTP Server....

CaptainFist wrote:
Sure the platform is 30 days on the market.

I understand that there were Bugs... a simple comment from a Community manager like : We know an working on it, here a beta Bios with a workaround.

I miss the days where beta Bios accessible for all from the Public Asus FTP Server....

Totally agree. I've said that multiple times on these forums and on AMDs (both seem to like to ignore inconvenient posts on their forums). It was pretty sad that when I finally posted a 1-star review after being ignored for 2 weeks, they can respond to that within 24 hours... but you can't get a response from support either here or on the forums - despite employees posting here regularly. Ironically, when I posted my review, most of the other negative ones said the same thing about being ignored by support after filing a ticket. Not sure what they teach customer service agents these days, but if I end up having to return the board I'm never buying ASUS again. And I say this as a long time customer since the ASUS P2B in the 90's.

IM3CPO
Level 7
Try enabling CSM and see if that changes things. I have seen the exact same error codes when using non-EUFI compliant add in cards when UEFI is enabled. Changing the motherboard CSM settings to legacy fixed the issue, but I ended up flashing the BIOS on the add in cards to a UEFI compliant version and UEFI works correctly now.

No boot whatever i set on CSM.
Very hard with card equipped not possible to get in UEFI.

+1, have the LSI 9650 SE 8 port edition. Same issues as noted above. Hope ASUS gets this fixed fast.

i have Tested Beta UEFI 603 still not POST.

For all with this Issue Please report it in the Bug Report Form.

I don´t understand why they fix an USB 3.0 addin card on a mainboard with so much usb3 onboard. :mad: