cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Warning about BIOS 3504

emsir
Level 8
Got an email today from Asus. DON*T USE BIOS 3504! The bug is the shut off/on upon startup when enabling S4+S5 in Erp Ready in Bios 3504.
This goes for ASUS MAXIMUS HERO VIII

Thanks for your request.

For now, please don't use the latest BIOS, we are trying to find a solution to solve this issue with the latest version.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
Michael L
Asus Customer Service
Asus Technical Support Site: http://support.asus.com
76 REPLIES 76

HeroVIII
Level 7
Thank you emsir for the info. 😉
I returned to the 3401 two days after a forum partner uploaded a photo with an error on its motherboard that apparently blocked it and stopped working.
While waiting for Asus to correct the Bios as soon as possible.

Korth
Level 14
If true, then

why is BIOS 3504 still available at the M8H page and at the ASUS download site?
why wouldn't ASUS withdraw it (ideally just remove the link and grey out the text so it's unavailable but still noted)?
and why would ASUS wait for someone else to make this announcement on their own forum?

(I direct these questions @ASUS, not @emsir, lol)
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
If true, then

why wouldn't ASUS withdraw it (ideally just remove the link and grey out the text so it's unavailable but still noted)?
and why would ASUS wait for someone else to make this announcement on their own forum?

Because ASUS support routinely uses form responses like that when a user contacts saying they have problem x with bios y but didn't have that problem with bios z.

Korth wrote:
If true, then

If you haven't noticed yet those two hands rarely meet in a handshake. The support pages are always behind on everything. You want the latest bios, wait for elmor to post it elsewhere.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Korth wrote:
If true, then

@ASUS if it's really that bad, then I second this, should be removed, or noted on the site...

SlackROG wrote:
@ASUS if it's really that bad, then I second this, should be removed, or noted on the site...

Or they could just fix. But now that the new boards are out we will just get ignored. As much as I like some of the stuff asus does I'm not impressed by the amount of bios that have issues on release.

morpwr wrote:
Or they could just fix. But now that the new boards are out we will just get ignored. As much as I like some of the stuff asus does I'm not impressed by the amount of bios that have issues on release.

I made a post on the forum, I had issues with two B250F and even a little on 2202 on Hero...

morpwr
Level 7
Yay I get to roll back another bios that doesn't work right. Not a very good track record on this board. That's 2 out of 4 that didn't work right.

Bill
Level 7
Hello all
Thanks for the inquiry. I'll report this to our team about this matter. Thank you