cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AURA V1.05.22 [Report all issues in this thread]

Bahz
Level 12
Aura version 1.05.22 is now available for download, you can download it at the link below:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Utility/Lighting_Control_1.05.22.zip?_ga=2.186110447.733457960.1...

Patch notes:
1) Added new feature to now allow for direct key-in (0-255 range) for RGB value
2) Fixed compatibility issues between AURA and Armoury software

Please report all bugs in this this thread. Thanks.
149 REPLIES 149

takitoes
Level 7
Any word on improved compatibility with the Corsair RGB sets?

Clean install and still can't see my CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 kit listed in Aura.

takitoes wrote:
Any word on improved compatibility with the Corsair RGB sets?

Clean install and still can't see my CMR16GX4M2C3000C15 kit listed in Aura.

Our teams are still working together with Corsair on resolving the compatibility issues between both software.

OK, will keep an eye out for updates 🙂

Bahz wrote:
Our teams are still working together with Corsair on resolving the compatibility issues between both software.

Hope it gets sorted out soon ❤️

Uninstalled, had an error. Did the clean tool-thing. 1.05.22 seems to be running fine so far! 🙂

[EDIT]

It doesn't seem to save settings. I have had to disable the shut-down effect multiple times now, and it's always back on after a reset.

jagomez
Level 7
nice update. but pretty much still having the same old issue. lights freezes and software gets stuck up when you choose modes other than the first 3. static breathing and color cycle.

its a very clean install.

i5 7600k
Asus strix z270F
TridentZ RGB 8 x4 32gb
Cooler Master Nepton 240m
Samsung Evo 120gb SSD
1TB Seagate Baracuda
1TB seagate Baracuda
EVGA G2 850 Gold Plus
WIN 10 64bit Enterprise

This has fixed the crashing that I was getting in previous versions. 😄
Eagerly awaiting the better Corsair RAM support so all my RGB stuff can be in sync!

jagomez wrote:
nice update. but pretty much still having the same old issue. lights freezes and software gets stuck up when you choose modes other than the first 3. static breathing and color cycle.

its a very clean install.

i5 7600k
Asus strix z270F
TridentZ RGB 8 x4 32gb
Cooler Master Nepton 240m
Samsung Evo 120gb SSD
1TB Seagate Baracuda
1TB seagate Baracuda
EVGA G2 850 Gold Plus
WIN 10 64bit Enterprise

Could you share more details on the freezing issue? Does software just freeze and you have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end task? Did you try manually uninstalling the previous version first or run the AURA cleaner tool before reinstalling to the latest version? Thanks.

Bahz wrote:
Could you share more details on the freezing issue? Does software just freeze and you have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end task? Did you try manually uninstalling the previous version first or run the AURA cleaner tool before reinstalling to the latest version? Thanks.

uninstalled older version. used auracleaner. used CCleaner too. powered off PC and unplugged cord to drain remaining static.
powered on. install new version. restart.

when using music mode and while playing games. world of tanks or overwatch, cpu usage for lightingservice shoots up to 20% and then lights would get stuck and software is unresponsive. ctrl_alt_del and end proc for lightingservice and all other aura run programs.

then restart aura and lights will be back to normal.

so i can use static, breathing and color cycle mode while playing with no problem but other modes is a no go.

BTW bios is updated to 1009

jagomez wrote:
uninstalled older version. used auracleaner. used CCleaner too. powered off PC and unplugged cord to drain remaining static.
powered on. install new version. restart.

when using music mode and while playing games. world of tanks or overwatch, cpu usage for lightingservice shoots up to 20% and then lights would get stuck and software is unresponsive. ctrl_alt_del and end proc for lightingservice and all other aura run programs.

then restart aura and lights will be back to normal.

so i can use static, breathing and color cycle mode while playing with no problem but other modes is a no go.

BTW bios is updated to 1009

Thanks for all the details, I'll pass this over to our software team to have them look into this.