Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gpu temps problem

Rob_W_
Level 12
Solved.
Hi all.
I have a problem with my gpu temps randomly going from 50ish to over 90 deg.
I have my cpu running at 4.6 ghz, it maintains a good 54 deg gaming and will max at 64deg.
my gpu I have running at 1533 htz , memory clock at 2,000htz , normally this games at around the 54deg but will randomly shoot up to over 90 deg ,
I can play the same game 10 times and its fine and then it goes crazy, it might happen just once in a week and sometimes not at all.
I am wondering if this could be related to other software running at the same time, I have CAM software for the kraken x62 running as well as gpu tweak and Msi Afterburner.
I use Afterburner for on screen display and video capture.
GPu tweak for OC and fan control.
CAM is used to control cpu pump and fans.
the trouble is all three monitor components and temps, not sure if they are conflicting or not.
I disabled Cam in my firewall traffic, also I sometimes have TS3 running.
I have uninstalled AL suite and tried reinstalling Gpu tweak, also put GPU at normal OC setting but it seems to run hotter at this settting as if the fans are not cutting in ( I hear them when they do lol)
If it helps, here's sceenshots67157
if anyone has any ideas it would be great, I am getting close to a complete rig reinstall.
**Note** Ihave all the latest drivers and Bios installed.
6 REPLIES 6

cljustin
Level 8
That's interesting... That your card will spike up to 90degrees. Have you tried this card on another PC to see if it still happens, so we can eliminate software/hardware issues.

Rob_W_
Level 12
hi.
I don't have access to another machine so cant try gpu there, over a couple of days gpu seemed to get worse and worse for spiking.
I have been doing some more investigating and in an effort to resolve it I completely wiped rig and reloaded win 10 and all drivers, it seemed to work temps now stay in the low 50s whilst playing Star Citizen, that's good! but when I load any steam games card goes haywire and no matter if fans are on max temps just keep rising, over 90 deg before I am able to close game, Latest one tried was "pugb" temps just shot up as soon as I hit play.
card runs ok with everything else so I am not sure if I need to alter game settings to keep it lower but it does seem o be prominent when steam is loaded.
EDIT: In hindsight these problems only started happening after installing the Kraken X62 and its software, prior to that I had no temp problems.???

cljustin
Level 8
That's really interesting... Steam games shouldn't cause this issue. If you could, you should try this card on a friend's computer to see if it's an isolated issue.

a similar problem. win10 + asus 1080A8G
a temperature of 90 in any game. even in the GPU-Z, the rendering test heats up to 90. re-installed the 3 driver versions from the nvidia site. without result.
put the draver from disk to vidiokarte, and normally earned.
Also in the system is installed msi afterburner. Maybe it's all the same, does it work that way?
I was trying to rearrange the video card in the 2nd slot pciE on the board. I installed windows. I installed the latest drivers from the site nvidia. and the same thing, 90 degrees!

a similar problem. win10 + asus 1080A8G
a temperature of 90 in any game. even in the GPU-Z, the rendering test heats up to 90. re-installed the 3 driver versions from the nvidia site. without result.
put the draver from disk to vidiokarte, and normally earned.
Also in the system is installed msi afterburner. Maybe it's all the same, does it work that way?
I was trying to rearrange the video card in the 2nd slot pciE on the board. I installed windows. I installed the latest drivers from the site nvidia. and the same thing, 90 degrees!

Rob_W_
Level 12
Solved!!
re installed o/s, all drivers, got rid of alsuite and hwinfo, unchecked other software from monitoring system, all seems OK since, cpu now running at between 19 to 35 deg and Gpu now 35deg on steam games, 55 deg on star citizen with no major spikes,
just thought I'd let you know, thanks.