cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS pg348q hdmi no signal

sakiboj
Level 7
Hi, today I got pg348q and when connect either pc or ps4 via hdmi port nothing is happening. When ps4 is connected I just get some screed colors flickering and when pc is connected it says no signal, no hdmi or something. It is working fine with display port but with hdmi I got issues. Tried three other cables and nothing, other monitors are working perfectly but pg348q wont. I recorded clip.

Should I return it immediately? Something is defintely wront with it.
6 REPLIES 6

cljustin
Level 8
It may be defective if you tried multiple cables and is still not working.

Yea, I tried with three of them, two have golden ports and third I got with monitor and it just dont turn on display. I already called to return it. Since I bought it online I can return in in 14 days and will get my money back.

Now I am wondering should I get again this monitor or wait these new monitors?

Here is one more video how it is losing signal when connected with hdmi.

sakiboj wrote:
Yea, I tried with three of them, two have golden ports and third I got with monitor and it just dont turn on display. I already called to return it. Since I bought it online I can return in in 14 days and will get my money back.

Now I am wondering should I get again this monitor or wait these new monitors?

Here is one more video how it is losing signal when connected with hdmi.

Bummer. You'll need that HDMI connection to work if you want to use your PS4 with it. That's good you can return it. I got this monitor last November and have been super happy with it. So the question about replacing it with another PG348Q, or getting a newer one - good question

ASUS has announced the PG35VQ 35" 3440x1440 curved HDR 200Hz.
https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG35VQ/
The news I read about it said it was to come out 4th quarter of 2017. But will it? And how much will it be? I don't know.

You should also consider if your graphics card can handle 3440x1440 at the higher frame rates, or not. Will you get a new graphics card to support those higher refresh rates? Are the games you playing support HDR, or plan to?

Neither pc or ps4 are working via hdmi cable. I got 4770k & 1080ti.

Will HDR have some fps impact on games? 200hz is a lot and honestly with that monitor I would need two 1080ti's.

sakiboj wrote:
Neither pc or ps4 are working via hdmi cable. I got 4770k & 1080ti.

Will HDR have some fps impact on games? 200hz is a lot and honestly with that monitor I would need two 1080ti's.

Yes, I think it does. But would it be noticeable in gaming? I don't know.

Correct, 200hz is a lot for gaming. And you'd probably need something like 2 1080ti's to take advantage of that. I have upgraded to a 1080gtx, from a 970 when I go the pg348q. Roughly it seems to be able to handle max settings between 50-100 fps, depending on the game and what's happening.

How do you like that monitor for 21:9 gaming? I love it. Though, not all games natively support it. Like Overwatch, or Fallout 4. There is supposedly a 3rd party app/mod that allows you to play F4 in 21:9. But I've not been able to get it to work. You can google for a site that keeps a list of game that natively support 21:9. If you like the 21:9 immersion of your games on this monitor, then I'd suggest to get another pg348q. Although there is the ACER Predator that uses the same panel - and is identical performance wise to this -, and is IPS and g-sync that would be an excellent alternate. It's desgin, UI, and price are the only difference.

What other monitors were you thinking of getting instead of this one?

Volt wrote:
Yes, I think it does. But would it be noticeable in gaming? I don't know.

Correct, 200hz is a lot for gaming. And you'd probably need something like 2 1080ti's to take advantage of that. I have upgraded to a 1080gtx, from a 970 when I go the pg348q. Roughly it seems to be able to handle max settings between 50-100 fps, depending on the game and what's happening.

How do you like that monitor for 21:9 gaming? I love it. Though, not all games natively support it. Like Overwatch, or Fallout 4. There is supposedly a 3rd party app/mod that allows you to play F4 in 21:9. But I've not been able to get it to work. You can google for a site that keeps a list of game that natively support 21:9. If you like the 21:9 immersion of your games on this monitor, then I'd suggest to get another pg348q. Although there is the ACER Predator that uses the same panel - and is identical performance wise to this -, and is IPS and g-sync that would be an excellent alternate. It's desgin, UI, and price are the only difference.

What other monitors were you thinking of getting instead of this one?

I was thinking of asus pg279q but that one is not ultrawide and is not curved. I will probably get another pg348q.