Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Sorry for the delay, the new firmware is coming but has been postponed due to a reported bug. Very few reports were reported, but we will resolve this issue before its release.
    thanks for the update its good to know that you guys are still working on it

ROG Member Array MightyRan PC Specs
    MightyRan PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z170 ProGaming
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700k oc @ 4.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GTX 1080
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 512 GB
    Storage #2OCZ Trion 150 SSD 512 GB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master V8 GTS
    CaseCorsair 460X RGB
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder
    Headset ROG Centurion 7.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z323
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC88U

Sorry for the delay, the new firmware is coming but has been postponed due to a reported bug. Very few reports were reported, but we will resolve this issue before its release.
    Any ETA?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mightyran View Post
    any eta?
    eta eta eta!!!!

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    eta eta eta!!!!
    To avoid giving everyone false expectations - the new firmware will not be ready for another couple of months. I will keep you guys updated. Apologize for the delay.

ROG Enthusiast Array

To avoid giving everyone false expectations - the new firmware will not be ready for another couple of months. I will keep you guys updated. Apologize for the delay.
    Too late "The next firmware is scheduled for release by the end of this month"

You already did that...now it is so long away it will be irrelevant. Thanks for nothing for your premium product. Hire more people.
    Secondarily, if this is such a rare bug, why not let others test it? After all, it will be a BETA right? Sheesh....Really.
    Last edited by HeavyHemi; 05-21-2018 at 08:12 AM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

This is stupid. So premium headset (Which most people have had to RMA at one point) has to wait months again for a update. What about updating the driver and software as well?

Had this nonsense with the ASUS Crosshair VI and the sensors. I spent over £1000 on ASUS products last year and all of them have been a joke and nothing more than false promises. Next thing to go wrong will be my PG279Q.

Avoid ASUS people, they've really gone downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    This is stupid. So premium headset (Which most people have had to RMA at one point) has to wait months again for a update. What about updating the driver and software as well?

Had this nonsense with the ASUS Crosshair VI and the sensors. I spent over £1000 on ASUS products last year and all of them have been a joke and nothing more than false promises. Next thing to go wrong will be my PG279Q.

Avoid ASUS people, they've really gone downhill.
    It was nice of you to share your nice experience with the Centurion, is there something bothering you since you made your last post?

Quote Originally Posted by mikev190 View Post
    I thought I'd share my positive experience too.

I bought my original set from overclockers UK and they were H3. Initial they were great (minus the mic) however after a few months, both side channels and the rear left channel stopped working.

I was a bit upset due to all the years of owning ASUS products with no issue. However I spoke to MasterC and he advised me to contact Overclockers.

They tested and within 2 weeks I had my shiny new H9 replacement. The headset just is amazing with the new firmware, I hear everything and so many suckers die in PUBG due to me hearing them.

Just want to credit both ASUS and OverclockersUK for the fast turnover. It's resparked my drive for gaming,

Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

It was nice of you to share your nice experience with the Centurion, is there something bothering you since you made your last post?

I thought I'd share my positive experience too.

I bought my original set from overclockers UK and they were H3. Initial they were great (minus the mic) however after a few months, both side channels and the rear left channel stopped working.

I was a bit upset due to all the years of owning ASUS products with no issue. However I spoke to MasterC and he advised me to contact Overclockers.

They tested and within 2 weeks I had my shiny new H9 replacement. The headset just is amazing with the new firmware, I hear everything and so many suckers die in PUBG due to me hearing them.

Just want to credit both ASUS and OverclockersUK for the fast turnover. It's resparked my drive for gaming,

Thanks
    What does doing the NORMAL thing of replacing a DEFECTIVE product have to do with gaming? It is like you're blaming us or playing some sort of victim game because of inaction by ASUS. It isn't personal to you so, why make it personal? I can only blame you for raising expectation with your premature release announcement. That is on you. The delay of course is not. But, seriously this is JUST ONE SINGLE MODEL and it is months and months for just a driver for just one piece of hardware? THAT is what upsets people. As fast as tech moves, you're basically obsolete the product at it's release date by refusing to fix what anyone with a pair of ears can hear.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHemi View Post
    What does doing the NORMAL thing of replacing a DEFECTIVE product have to do with gaming? It is like you're blaming us or playing some sort of victim game because of inaction by ASUS. It isn't personal to you so, why make it personal? I can only blame you for raising expectation with your premature release announcement. That is on you. The delay of course is not. But, seriously this is JUST ONE SINGLE MODEL and it is months and months for just a driver for just one piece of hardware? THAT is what upsets people. As fast as tech moves, you're basically obsolete the product at it's release date by refusing to fix what anyone with a pair of ears can hear.
    Again, we apologize for the delay. Before the next firmware is released, I'd just like to collect feedback again for what you consider is defective. Technically, all defective microphones have been replaced and the headset is working as it should when properly-tuned content is played (Dolby sample videos links were already provided for you to test). If for any reason, your microphone is still defective or the videos below do not play correctly, just let me know.

https://download.dolby.com/us/en/tes...tmos_amaze.mp4
    https://download.dolby.com/us/en/tes...atmos_leaf.mp4
    If using Chrome, please download the videos first (bottom-right corner), and play the videos with the 7.1 button on the Audio Station enabled. You'll find that the videos are multi-channel, not stereo, and not virtual surround. You can check by disabling the front channels via software or the Audio Station.

If you have DOOM, definitely check out the 7.1 surround sound in the game, works nicely. We cannot promise that every game can output 7.1 channels, this is decided by game developers. The Centurion cannot produce more channels than what games offer. We do not decide how much bass is redirected to the subwoofer channel or when surround channels are active. We offer a true 7.1 platform, so developers have the freedom to decide which channels are active and when the subwoofer needs to compensate for surround channels. The size of all drivers have been designed to simulate home theater setups - largest for front and subwoofer, followed by the center for vocals, then the surround channels, so you get the same cinematic experience.
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 05-29-2018 at 03:34 AM.

ROG Member Array

Again, we apologize for the delay. Before the next firmware is released, I'd just like to collect feedback again for what you consider is defective. Technically, all defective microphones have been replaced and the headset is working as it should when properly-tuned content is played (Dolby sample videos links were already provided for you to test). If for any reason, your microphone is still defective or the videos below do not play correctly, just let me know.

https://download.dolby.com/us/en/tes...tmos_amaze.mp4
    https://download.dolby.com/us/en/tes...atmos_leaf.mp4
    If using Chrome, please download the videos first (bottom-right corner), and play the videos with the 7.1 button on the Audio Station enabled. You'll find that the videos are multi-channel, not stereo, and not virtual surround. You can check by disabling the front channels via software or the Audio Station.

If you have DOOM, definitely check out the 7.1 surround sound in the game, works nicely. We cannot promise that every game can output 7.1 channels, this is decided by game developers. The Centurion cannot produce more channels than what games offer. We do not decide how much bass is redirected to the subwoofer channel or when surround channels are active. We offer a true 7.1 platform, so developers have the freedom to decide which channels are active and when the subwoofer needs to compensate for surround channels. The size of all drivers have been designed to simulate home theater setups - largest for front and subwoofer, followed by the center for vocals, then the surround channels, so you get the same cinematic experience.
    pretty sure I have tried talking to you about my “revised” mic still being terrible. People constantly saying they can barely hear me. That I sound like I’m in a tin can etc. I have tried all the mic boosting tips provided by ASUS, reinstalled drivers, tried different USB ports. All end up with same result. Just sucks for such a nice headset to have a crap mic. Had to go out and purchase a stand-alone mic. Not asking for a perfect mic but one that can be used would be nice.*
    Last edited by MasterC@ASUS; 05-29-2018 at 03:34 AM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast