Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by batty View Post
    for some reason the microphone sounds 100x better when the drivers are uninstalled but as soon as drivers are on the mic goes to ****
    Check the microphone settings in Sonic Studio. Noisegating and Perfect voice are on by default. Nice of them to confirm that, even though this is their Premium headset, they are dropping driver support. Regretting ever buying ASUS. Their support team sucks. I can deal with defects. They happen. I don't like dealing with support that basically says, even though we could add those features to the product with almost no effort, we'll save them for our next ROG, overblown 'Premium' product, or repeating the same nonsense back to you as if they did not even read what you posted. Ridiculous for a PREMIUM PRODUCT.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyHemi View Post
    Check the microphone settings in Sonic Studio. Noisegating and Perfect voice are on by default. Nice of them to confirm that, even though this is their Premium headset, they are dropping driver support. Regretting ever buying ASUS. Their support team sucks. I can deal with defects. They happen. I don't like dealing with support that basically says, even though we could add those features to the product with almost no effort, we'll save them for our next ROG, overblown 'Premium' product, or repeating the same nonsense back to you as if they did not even read what you posted. Ridiculous for a PREMIUM PRODUCT.
    Wait, they are stopping driver support? WTF this thing was not cheap this is BS if true.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Well guys it is over for me with this piss poor headset.

I had to RMA a few months ago as you can see in past posts, well the replacment set didn't even last 6 months (H9 revision).

The mic died on me for no reason, then things got weirder and it started making my Razer mouse and mouse mat go mental. Soon as I removed the headset things were back to normal.

Fact is, the sound is ****, no matter what way you try to coat it, they are cheaply made and poorly supported all at a premium price tag. Not only that both me and my dad (who bought the same ones) have gone through 3 in less than 12 months! To add insult to injury I also had a premium ASUS router which had to be returned (Replaced with a linksys one).

So for anyone who is considering purchasing I'd avoid like the plauge. I'm going to be replacing these with the SteelSeries Arctis Pro. They get way better reviews. Not only that my old cheap Arctis 5 headset is still going strong years later.

So big middle finger to you ASUS, you have lost a loyal fan your support is crap. BTW thanks to Overclockers UK for giving me a full refund!

ROG Member Array MightyRan PC Specs
    MightyRan PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Z170 ProGaming
    ProcessorIntel i7 6700k oc @ 4.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 16 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GTX 1080
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 PRO M.2 NVMe 512 GB
    Storage #2OCZ Trion 150 SSD 512 GB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master V8 GTS
    CaseCorsair 460X RGB
    Power SupplyCorsair HX750i
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder
    Headset ROG Centurion 7.1
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z323
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    Network RouterASUS DSL-AC88U

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    To avoid giving everyone false expectations - the new firmware will not be ready for another couple of months. I will keep you guys updated. Apologize for the delay.
    Still nothing. Waiting since February now, and it get continuosly postponed. This is becoming a joke.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MightyRan View Post
    Still nothing. Waiting since February now, and it get continuosly postponed. This is becoming a joke.
    Yep, apparently ROG now stands for Republic of Greed. The got our $$ for a premium product and we get told to STFU buy our next Premium product if the POS doesn't work and we won't support it... and like what we give er DON'T give you.

ROG Member Array varnavas PC Specs
    varnavas PC Specs
    Motherboardasus 970 gaming\aura
    Processorfx-8350
    Graphics Card #1asus strix 1070
    Storage #1kingston 240gb ssd
    Storage #2wd 1tb and 2tb
    CPU Coolercorsair h110v2
    Casecorsair 570x
    Power Supplytherlmatake 850watt
    Keyboard corsair k70 lux
    Mouse rog spatha
    Headset rog centurios
    Mouse Pad corsair mm800
    OS window 10 64bit

any news so many reports for this headset and no one from asus come to give us any information why ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Just a quick update, I ended up going for the HyperX cloud revolvers and they are in a different league to the Centurions.

So much clearer, no BS software and the best bit is the virtual 7.1 is better due to better clarity and way higher frequency range. If you can refund get the HyperX and have around £100 in your pocket and no BS support to put up with

MightyRan PC Specs
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG278Q
    CaseCorsair 460X RGB
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Not a single word from ASUS in almost two months.... pathetic.

Administrator Array MasterC@ASUS's Avatar

Apologies for the delay due to other product releases. To provide everyone with an update - the new firmware is ready, but currently going through testing. I will release it once that is complete.

Please note that the new firmware will not have an official release, so it will only be available here on the ROG Forum. The new firmware was only created to accommodate users who do not care whether the Centurion is true 7.1. Although true 7.1 is still available, how the headset functions will differ from what was advertised.

For those still concerned about whether the new firmware will be as anticipated, I can confirm that the volume for all surround channels has been increased dramatically and the bass from those channels is rerouted to the subwoofer channel (crossover).

MightyRan PC Specs
    MonitorROG SWIFT PG278Q
    CaseCorsair 460X RGB
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Apologies for the delay due to other product releases. To provide everyone with an update - the new firmware is ready, but currently going through testing. I will release it once that is complete.

Please note that the new firmware will not have an official release, so it will only be available here on the ROG Forum. The new firmware was only created to accommodate users who do not care whether the Centurion is true 7.1. Although true 7.1 is still available, how the headset functions will differ from what was advertised.

For those still concerned about whether the new firmware will be as anticipated, I can confirm that the volume for all surround channels has been increased dramatically and the bass from those channels is rerouted to the subwoofer channel (crossover).
    What about the downmix for stereo speakers anticipated months ago?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast