cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[G73SW-3DE] Flashing screen while using 120hz

evandroo
Level 7
Well, as the tittle said my laptop started to flash the screen. It was working perfectly but this week i dunno what happened to it. The screen keeps flashing when i try to use 3d or when i put 120hz refresh rate.

Already tried to install old nvidia drivers but it wont work. Im thinking about to make a video showing the problem.. is this really necessary?

So:

Problem: Flashing screen while using 120hz
Machine: G73SW-3DE
Tries:
a- Installing nvidia old driver (265.96)
b- Tried system restoration but not worked
c- Without battery this problem dont happens

Help me asus or anyone !
8 REPLIES 8

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

Have you tried to restore your notebook to an earlier point when this didn't happend?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Hi

Have you tried to restore your notebook to an earlier point when this didn't happend?

Hi! Thx for answering.. i tried it now but not worked =/

ColonelS
Level 9
Hi there,

since you already did restoring to no avail. Have you consider doing a clean install for your G73?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/468027-complete-walk-through-doing-clean-...
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

ColonelS wrote:
Hi there,

since you already did restoring to no avail. Have you consider doing a clean install for your G73?

http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/468027-complete-walk-through-doing-clean-...

Im going to try this restoration this week.. i hope it works cuz this screen flashing bug is really annoying and "common" on asus laptops... Im luck that my 60hz still working fine aswell

yo Updates:

I removed the battery and im running normally 120hz without any problem.. dunno what happened but it working when i use my laptop without battery.

Any advices?

dstrakele
Level 14
It sounds like you could possibly have a bad battery. I recommend you PM Chastity@ASUS on this forum and open a case.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Well the problem is back.. thats not an battery issue.

I think its when the gpu gets a lil hot or something around 60º, 70+

But with battery the problem happens everytime.

Thanks for answering ill contact that guy.

Mason
Level 10
This issue is most likely a bad or incorrect cable. We have the correct cabled and Chastity will be able to set up an RMA to have you send the unit in to be fixed ASAP.