Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse sutters/lags, Twitch live stream also sutters

Scoby97
Level 7
Hello guys!
So I have a little weird problem:
The mouse starts to sutter/lag when I turn on: CPU ID, Aida 64, Asus GPU tweak II, HWMonitor or any program that tracks the current PC status or any ASUS software (temperature, core speed, etc ... )
Even when I watch Twitch live steam, It starts to sutter for no reason
Components:
AMD ryzen 1800x (Stock)
Asus crosshair hero VI
Corsair vengeance RGB 3000MHz 16 gb
Asus RX 580 Strix O8G edition
Thermaltake toughpower rgb 850 W + 80 gold eff
WD 4 TB 5400 rpm
WD 1 TB 7200 rpm
kingston hyper x 240 gb x2
Noctua u12s se - am4 edition

The temperature does not go over 60 C, nothing is clocked the rams work at 2133 (by default), BIOS motherboard is1501 (last from asus), voltages limited to 1.35 V + offset of + - 0.05 V and internet speed 50/10, power plan is ryzen balanced (tried performance but it's the same)
Btw. Any game runs like a charm (BF1, min 70 fps - avg 90 fps), also latest AMD drivers and I have windows 10 pro 1703 ver.
Thanks in advance guys!

Btw. I tried 3 mouses: Still the same, Reinstalled Win 10 pro 6 times (maybe it's a software/driver bug ), I also did the win 10 creator update - still nothing
12 REPLIES 12

MrPhil17
Level 7
Scoby97 wrote:
voltages limited to 1.35 V + offset of + - 0.05 V

I can't understand. You are using a fixed voltage or an offset for the vcore?

Anyway if are using your 1800x without overclock leave the voltage on auto, because it need some peak of "instant voltage" for XFR.

MrPhil17 wrote:
I can't understand. You are using a fixed voltage or an offset for the vcore?

Anyway if are using your 1800x without overclock leave the voltage on auto, because it need some peak of "instant voltage" for XFR.

When I set my voltage to manual and type 1.35 V it goes up to 1.40 V max
But if I leave voltage on auto the voltage goes too high (min 1.45 V to 1.67 V max)

EDIT: Msi afterburner works fine but one (core 6) is at 100 % all the time (core 16) is jumping constantly
Windows defended bugged (fixed) but the suttering is still there when using asus programs (or other programs for monitoring except MSI Afterburner)

Scoby97 wrote:
if I leave voltage on auto the voltage goes too high (min 1.45 V to 1.67 V max)

This isn't normal. did you set LLC?

I suggest to you to try to flash bios 1403 with flashback since it is the latest stable.

With my 1700x on auto it reach a very short peak @ 1,5V when XFR kick in but it keep 1,2/1,3V during normal use.

MrPhil17 wrote:
This isn't normal. did you set LLC?

I suggest to you to try to flash bios 1403 with flashback since it is the latest stable.

I tried 1403 but it's still the same...
I could try to go back to 1002 to see what will happen

EDIT: Same thing...
Don't know what to do anymore...

If you are running at 2133, that must be forced default settings. It may be your memory is struggling and running with errors.

Change your memory speed to something a few straps down from your rated. In you case start at 2666.

Open the bios page go to to tools and the spd information. Retrieve the timing for :

CAS# LATENCY
RAS# TO CAS# READ DELAY
RAS# TO CAS# WRITE DELAY
RAS# PRE TIME
RAS# ACT TIME
TRC
TRRDS
TRRDL
TFAW
TRFC

At the very bottom of your dram timings page there is a setting for ProcODT. You have to find the setting which matches your memory. Start at 96ohm and work your way down to 40ohm. You need to reboot to check each setting. Once it works save the profile, and then try the next memory strap up. This will get you a decent shot at your highest possible speed with that memory chipset, and also get you more stability than it sounds like you have atm.

andyliu
Level 9
try to check windows event viewer to see if there is any error showing when you launch those program.
you can easily access it by search event viewer in windows

make sure you have latest usb driver as well.

Syaoran
Level 7
How old is your power supply? Are those all of your system components or do you have optical drives? How many case fans? The mouse lagging issue, at least from my experience, is usually power supply related. When the system can't draw enough power, then things lags. 850 watt does sound adequate for what is listed but most power supplies don't deliver what they are rated for, especially on the 12 volt rail.

Since you are running multiple hard drives. Disconnect the two Western Digital's first, boot the system and see if the lag is still there. I have eseen the odd occasion where a dying hard drive being accessed bogged down the system.
Syaoran

Local IT Service fixed the issue.
AMD latest drivers can't work onto this configuration (only stable version is 17.9.1)
Mod can lock the thread :cool: :cool:

Scoby97 wrote:
Local IT Service fixed the issue.
AMD latest drivers can't work onto this configuration (only stable version is 17.9.1)
Mod can lock the thread :cool: :cool:

Radeon drivers or chioset drivers? I have no issues with either but my system is a bit different.
Syaoran