cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Centurion - "New" version (with fixed microphone)

Pruik
Level 7
Hi,

Was wondering if there are any (web-)shops who allready ships out the "new" version of the Asus ROG Centurion, with the new fixed microphone.
If anyone knows please let us know.

Thanks!

Regards, Mika
29 REPLIES 29

Bahz
Level 12
New centurion headset with revised microphone should have S/N starting with H9 - H10, some will have H8 but to be safe it's guaranteed to have the revised microphone if the serial number starts from H9 onwards. Currently the stock in the market is still being refreshed and for some countries may take a longer time. You can check with retailer if their stock currently has S/N that starts with H9 or H10.

Bahz wrote:
New centurion headset with revised microphone should have S/N starting with H9 - H10, some will have H8 but to be safe it's guaranteed to have the revised microphone if the serial number starts from H9 onwards. Currently the stock in the market is still being refreshed and for some countries may take a longer time. You can check with retailer if their stock currently has S/N that starts with H9 or H10.

I bought this headset today and the serial number starts with GA.. Should I consider returning it and waiting til I can get one of the newer releases?

neoxaero wrote:
I bought this headset today and the serial number starts with GA.. Should I consider returning it and waiting til I can get one of the newer releases?

Finally got on Discord and everyone was complaining at how HORRIBLE my mic sounded. I guess this headset is getting returned.

Jcswe
Level 7
I have so much Asus products and this Headset is crap, i have to send back mine and i get a refund to buy another headset. Last week my left side stop working And thats was enuff. My retailer dosent even sell this product annymore.

Could someone please point out where to actually buy these new refined versions? Ive asked every shop and retailer and even asus support themselfs and nobody has these h9 or h10 serial ones. I need one of the new ones ASAP 😛

I live in Finland so would be nice to get one of those new ones here!

joopajoo111 wrote:
Could someone please point out where to actually buy these new refined versions? Ive asked every shop and retailer and even asus support themselfs and nobody has these h9 or h10 serial ones. I need one of the new ones ASAP 😛

I live in Finland so would be nice to get one of those new ones here!

Found this on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/ROG-Centurion-Surround-Headset-Console/dp/B0725JXRBN?th=1
In case a replacement is necessary, we will reimburse you for any shipping costs incurred.

Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...
The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.
e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

Hi,

i have one with H6 serial number. How can i replace it? My mic is just awefull.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Found this on Amazon:
Please note that when checking to see if you need a replacement, look at the serial number on the side of the box.

The first character indicates the year it was manufactured: G=2016, H=2017...
The second one indicates the month, 1=Jan, 2=Feb.... A=Oct, B=Nov, C=Dec.
e.g. GA means it was manufactured in October, 2016, and therefore it needs to be replaced.

All stock manufactured before August, 2017 (H8) needs to be replaced. Only the headset, nothing else needs to be sent back.

Hello,

my Headset has already been replaced onced (was a H1 headset). Now I read this so I'm wondering if my replaced headset needs to be replaced also (H6 one). SInce I dont have the box for the replaced headset because it came in a carton with bubblewrap I can't check the Box-S/N.

Greetings

S_the_Great wrote:
Hello,

my Headset has already been replaced onced (was a H1 headset). Now I read this so I'm wondering if my replaced headset needs to be replaced also (H6 one). SInce I dont have the box for the replaced headset because it came in a carton with bubblewrap I can't check the Box-S/N.

Greetings

Most of the replacements were assigned with serial numbers starting with H6 on the headset.