cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB 3.1 internal motherboard cable

johnathonm
Level 7
Hi,

So my vendor did not attach the USB 3.1cable to the motherboard and it’s not in the box. I also can’t seem to get a call back. I was wondering what I would need to order off amazon or new egg to attach to the port on the motherboard to the ports in the rear. I am running a a maximus is hero. This is also for the C port too, I think. *Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
6 REPLIES 6

bfollowell
Level 9
What cable are you referring to? The ports on the motherboard don't require a cable. They're hard-wired/attached to the board and don't connect to anything else on the motherboard, by cable or any other method.

There is a USB 3.1 front panel header on the motherboard, but no cable for it is included with the board. Also, I'm not aware of any cases that have front panel USB 3.1 ports yet, so it's really sort of useless at this point, as far as I can see.

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Chino
Level 15

LDFiberman1
Level 7
johnathonm wrote:
Hi,

So my vendor did not attach the USB 3.1cable to the motherboard and it’s not in the box. I also can’t seem to get a call back. I was wondering what I would need to order off amazon or new egg to attach to the port on the motherboard to the ports in the rear. I am running a a maximus is hero. This is also for the C port too, I think. *Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Johnathonm,

If your talking about the USB 3.1 connection closest to the 24pin power connector. You can buy the cable from Lian-Li's global website. That's where I bout my 2 cables. I believe the part number is follow: PW-IC01NH45, 450mm USB3.1 (Type-C Gen2/10G) I/O Ports Cable.
Hope this helps....

LDFiberman1 wrote:
Johnathonm,

If your talking about the USB 3.1 connection closest to the 24pin power connector. You can buy the cable from Lian-Li's global website. That's where I bout my 2 cables. I believe the part number is follow: PW-IC01NH45, 450mm USB3.1 (Type-C Gen2/10G) I/O Ports Cable.
Hope this helps....

Do you have any ideas/thoughts/suggestions for mounting this on a non-LianLi case?

DevBiker wrote:
Do you have any ideas/thoughts/suggestions for mounting this on a non-LianLi case?

Paul's Hardware 😄

I've made a small gap in the mesh cover of a 5 1/4 Slot and fixed it with glue. It works for me