cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU Tweak 1528 & ROG Front Base

hellboy99
Level 10
I installed GPU Tweak 1528 and my CPU Frequency on my ROG Front Base display is stuck on 0.000. I've rolled back GPU to it's previous version, that hasn't helped, I've reinstalled the front base driver and AI Suite, that hasn't helped either. The Front Base unit has been nothing but problems from day one, spends more times messing up than working 100%.

Mobo: Ranger VII - BIOS: 3003
GC: Strix GTX 1060 6GB
12 REPLIES 12

hellboy99
Level 10
Is there any support?

hellboy99
Level 10
2 fresh installs of Win 10 and it still won't work right.

I have to do a certain combination of installing ASUS software and drivers to get it to work right in the first place when it was working 100%. Works fine until I install GPU Tweak 1528 and then the CPU Frequency just stops working after that but I need the new GPU driver to get my GTX1060 to function right and to work with CAM software for my X62 Kraken. But even before this there has been issues with getting the unit to work 100%.

From a fresh install of Win 10 Pro this is what I have to do to get it to work right up until GPU Tweak 1528:

1. Install Sound Driver V7904

2. Install ROG Connect Plus 1.00.32

3. Install AI Suite 3 V1.01.02

4. Install Front Base V1.01.06 (after restart with this installed I'm hit with a module error for AI Suite and no CPU Frequency or EQ band displayed on the Front Base unit)

5. Install DIP5 V1.03.95 from AI Suite 3 V1.01.61 (installing this fixes and removes the module error as mentioned previous)

6. Install Front Base V1.01.17 (installing this gets the Front Base to work 100%)

Why on earth I have to install everything in the way listed above to get the Front Base unit to fully function is beyond me, and then installing GPU Tweak 1528 stops the CPU Frequency display working correctly with it displaying 0.000 constantly.

I have the same problem with gpu tweak & front base frequency display

wing_man wrote:
I have the same problem with gpu tweak & front base frequency display

And tech support say I'm the only case and that my front base must be faulty lol :mad:

There are probably not to many people using the Front Base and GPU Tweak 2. I don't think they sold many Front Bases. I'm sure that GPU Tweak 2 messed up the CPU frequency on the Front Base. As soon as I installed GPU Tweak 2 the CPU Frequency went to zero.

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry I haven't been following this thread closely and this will be officially my last week on the forum. I will have this issue reported over to our team and have them look into this as GPU Tweak II should have no relations with ROG Front Base.

Bahz wrote:
Sorry I haven't been following this thread closely and this will be officially my last week on the forum. I will have this issue reported over to our team and have them look into this as GPU Tweak II should have no relations with ROG Front Base.

Thanks

hellboy99
Level 10
Updates?

hellboy99
Level 10
Is anyone in TS looking into this or shall I just bin the front base?