cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide to updating usb 3.0 drivers & firmware

digmeahole
Level 8
For any one with a NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 Issue there are two solutions not yet available from Asus.

1) Update to current driver first here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19880〈=eng&wapkw=(USB3_allOS_2.1.19.0...

2) Update Firmware from here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm Download the Firmware Version 3.0.2.8.0.8 & 4.0.1.5.0.2 (Windows 32 & 64bits) dated 20/08/11 remove any devices conected to the 3.0 ports and for some reason needs to be run in compatibility mode win xp sp2. worked fine for me.

ASUS...... if you are listening why are we not being provided with these updated from our own manufacturer? Why do we need to go to a Intel site that is meant for there mother Boards? We are buying the most expensive boards out there aka Maximus IV Extreme Z and we deserve to have the latest drivers and firmware on a ASUS site not Intel or Gigabyte or Station Drivers.
"Those who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither"
Ben Franklin

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
Intel I7-2700K OC to 4.7 @ 1.330 volts
2X EVGA 660TI SLI
G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz
2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD. Raid 0. 1 500gb WD VelociRaptor
Antec Gamers edition Bronze rated PSU 750 Watts
Corsair H80 Closed loop CPU cooler
Dragon Test Bench Case
13 REPLIES 13

digmeahole
Level 8
Bump as I would like a response from a admin from ASUS as i think we deserve what i stated....
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

digmeahole wrote:
Bump as I would like a response from a admin from ASUS as i think we deserve what i stated....

Big thanks to you.!!! That fixed my problem with aquaero4.

You are very welcome.....Lets just hope ASUS gets the point as This is my first ASUS board as i have always used Gigabyte and there is a huge difference on updates for drivers and firmware. We had to go to Gigabyte to get the IME updates as well. http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1037864138&postcount=4578
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

HiVizMan
Level 40
I am not an admin sorry. But I will ensure the right people see your thread and the other thread were similar views were expressed. For what it is worth I agree fully with your thoughts that drivers need to be more current.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I agree, I'm having the same issue! most of my USB 3.0 ports aren't working.:mad:
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2 GHz
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme
ASUS ENGTX560 TI DCII TOP
Corsair 8GB 1866 (2x4)

Thank you for the reply and for forwarding on the subject. I appreciate your understanding and your effort :cool:

HiVizMan wrote:
I am not an admin sorry. But I will ensure the right people see your thread and the other thread were similar views were expressed. For what it is worth I agree fully with your thoughts that drivers need to be more current.
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

Montala
Level 7
Just in case anyone reading this post nearly makes the same mistake as I did, the Maximus IV Gene3-z/Gen 3 (not to be confused with the Extreme Z motherboard) uses an Asmedia USB 3 controller and not a Renesas one.

The latest drivers can be found at: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/asmedia.htm

I am right here, aren't I?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Bit of feedback about this. We have had a discussion about this and other user input and lets see where our recommendation end up. I will keep you all informed as to what the outcomes are.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

psyside
Level 9
Can delete.
CPU- i7 2600K@5.0Ghz[II] Noctua NH D14[II]MB - Asus Maximus Extreme IV B3[II]VGA - GTX680/7970 inc [II]PSU - CM 1000W RP[II] Display - NEC2490 BK SV[II] Soundcard - Xonar STX[II] Headphones - Sennheiser HD595[II] Speakers - Adam A3X[II] Case CM HAF 932[II] Mouse - Logitech G5[II]Keyboard - Logitech Wave[II]HDD Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1TB [II] Crucial C300 128GB OS [II]Ram - 8GB RipjawsX@2133mhz