Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by psyside View Post
    Ok here is what you guys need to do! first off, get some USB 2.0 bracket or if it comes with your mobo use that, use USB 2.0 ports insead od 3.0 (blue ones) if you can for your keyboard mouse, if not its ok to use 3.0 ports as well but first follow this procedure!

1. Flash to latest BIOS, using USB BIOS flashback metod, or at least clear cmos before you start this operation and remove the power cord, then press few times on power button on your case, wait 30 seconds, plug power cord and boot.

2. Go into BIOS > load optimized defaults, reboot, go into BIOS again>advance settings> enter APM section, enable wake by PCI-E and wake by keyboard, save and exit.

3. Download and install latest Intel RST drvivers for your mobo, and latest NEC USB 3.0 Renesas drivers, uninstall the previous ones, reboot.

4. Into windows,control panel>power options> set USB selective suspend to off, same goes for PCI-E Link power turn it off!

5. Enable high performance power plan in control panel.

6. If your reinstalling Windows, make sure your using USB 2.0 ports, during the operation! later you can use whatever port you want.

That would be all, this works 100000% especially if you use USB 2.0 bracket! you don't need USB 3.0 for keyboard/mouse!

P.S. IMHO the problem is related to using USB devices rated to higer mv, then new stardards, i had my problem when i used old USB flash drive, with new USB 3.0 i dont think you will have any issues, they are cheap generally.
    lol omg. Thanks first of all for your kind post and suggestions. However, this is not a solution. THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY PROBLEM CONNECTING keyboard/mouse on usb 3.0 ports. This is a totally unacceptable bug on behalf of ASUS/NEC which needs be addressed and resolved with a real solution!

By the way, I have got 4 PCs with NEC USB 3.0 controller and the Mouses/Keyboards connected there all work great. It is only my Maxmus IV extreme-z which fails occasionally. I remedy it -temporarily- by powering of my PSU for a few seconds.

ROG Enthusiast Array

lol! I posted in wrong thread, sorry, i will repost in the correct one, where more feedback is present.

New ROGer Array

It's been two years, Asus. Any movement on this?

It's 2014. I've just received the following message during a Windows update:

DisplayLink installer has detected that your USB 3.0 host controller drivers could be incompatible with DisplayLink USB hardware. Please download and update your Renesas USB 3.0 host controller driver before using DisplayLink technology.

So, what do I do?

Could this be the reason my keyboard and trackball go dead when watching a video on an extended screen? Maybe even why Windows Sound Recorder and Skype don't hear my mic anymore?
    Last edited by Sensible; 03-22-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: typo

New ROGer Array

thankyou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2