cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JS vs Thunderbolt(mDP), AOC AGON 32 says '' Input Not Support "

Cafofo
Level 7
Hi all,

First of all, I just bought a new AOC AGON 32'' intended to use the mini-DP/Thunderbolt from my ASUS ROG G750JS as output to enjoy all 144hz from the monitor.
But I just can't. When trying to use the mDP selecting DisplayPort at monitor it popup into screen '' Input Not Support " .

I'm using an miniDP to DP cable from Cabble matters (This one here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7RJQPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ).
Another point to be considered is that my computer finds out the monitor through mDP port as you can see in picture bellow
https://i.imgur.com/oda5WyL.png

Anyone has any idea what's going on? any tip?

ps : By the way, now I'm using HDMI and I can get 120hz through it. Its already amazing but I know that I can get more from this monitor according to what I paid =(

Thank you !
6 REPLIES 6

MrRuckus
Level 10
Cafofo wrote:
Hi all,

First of all, I just bought a new AOC AGON 32'' intended to use the mini-DP/Thunderbolt from my ASUS ROG G750JS as output to enjoy all 144hz from the monitor.
But I just can't. When trying to use the mDP selecting DisplayPort at monitor it popup into screen '' Input Not Support " .

I'm using an miniDP to DP cable from Cabble matters (This one here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7RJQPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ).
Another point to be considered is that my computer finds out the monitor through mDP port as you can see in picture bellow
https://i.imgur.com/oda5WyL.png

Anyone has any idea what's going on? any tip?

ps : By the way, now I'm using HDMI and I can get 120hz through it. Its already amazing but I know that I can get more from this monitor according to what I paid =(

Thank you !

It may have something to do with Optimus? It looks like your ROG laptop uses Optimus, since you are showing both Intel and Nvidia graphics cards, it switches between the 2 for better battery life in low load conditions (say browsing the net) to heavy loads (gaming). That Integrated GPU I dont think supports 144Hz at that resolution, and its using the integrated GPU when you are just on your desktop.

https://ark.intel.com/products/75116/Intel-Core-i7-4700HQ-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_40-GHz

Max Resolution (DP)‡
3840x2160@60Hz

So I think thats the issue you are running into? If you can somehow disable the Optimus and go only 870m, I think you would be able to do it. Just battery life may be significantly diminished running discrete all the time. Maybe someone with an Optimus equipped rog laptop can chime in.

EDIT: You may be able to use Nvidia Geforce Experience to change the refresh rate to 144Hz for your games?
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

You have your point. I may try to disable Optimus, somehow, using only my 870M for daily use. Thats not a problem for me, just need to figure out how do it.

But what makes evertyhing confusing : Into the website it ALSO says that from HDMI supports only 3840x2160@60Hz But I'm using HDMI at 1080p@120hz with no problems !

by the way : I tried to put form Intel panel the DP port ate 50i/50p/60i/60p and it works. But nothing above that. 100/120/144hz blank everthing.

So, from now : My dp-port is not dead. Thats good. Hahahaha

Another observation : I can only use 50/60i ! can't use '' p ''

And I can only run 1080p @50/60i ; I tried other resolutions and I cant run it. Even 800x600... 1024x768 really low res. doest not matter. All those have only '' p '' frequency options.

Cafofo wrote:
Another observation : I can only use 50/60i ! can't use '' p ''

And I can only run 1080p @50/60i ; I tried other resolutions and I cant run it. Even 800x600... 1024x768 really low res. doest not matter. All those have only '' p '' frequency options.

Its gotta be that the Intel iGPU just wont do it. A lot of times there's an option in the Bios for integrated graphics where it can be turned off. Not sure if its on the ROG laptop. But worth a shot. Or could you possibly disable the integrated graphics in Device Manager? Not sure if it would then possibly revert to the 870m?
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Thanks for your reply man !

Well... in my bios I do not have any option to disable Intel Graphics =(

Anyway... I got an Mac Mini from my work to test my cable from Cable Matters and I got the SAME result as in my computer. I Can set-up resolution/frequencies but when i switch to DP port at the monitor I got a black screen. So... pretty sure that the cable is faulty.
Since I'm from Brazil it's hard to find a good cable here, I just asked a friend of mine who's coming from US tomorrow to bring another one to me. I Searched and bought an Accell cable that is even certified by DisplayPort. Let see what happens when it arrives !

unfortunately, I got a certified cable from Accell and it did not work =(

But now , at least, I can use 1024x768 @ 120hz for example. A few other resolutions which not work with the other cable are working.

But FullHD does not work. Does not matter what I do and I have no idea why =(