cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752 Keyboard not working... solved ?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
For christs sake.... another issue with the G752VS (Very Stupid)

So I shut down last night, boot up this morning and my internal Keyboard isn't working anymore...

So...

Keyboard doesn't work at all. Back light used to be there, now it's gone too.. (VERY WEIRD but Xsplit Gamecast key works.. the ONLY key that works.. possibly an independent key.. )

Tried BIOS.. If the Keyboard doesn't work in the BIOS itself, then it's serious.. and it doesn't work.

Updated from 306 to 310 BIOS, still nothing.

Tried Keyboard Adjustment Tool, (which made the backlight now disappear) nothing. Says 'Cannot update' etc..

If my Laptop can't handle a shutdown and me going to sleep for a few hours, then this is a real crap laptop.

I do not know how there hasn't been an uproar or a recall from ASUS to bring this model back.. seriously, this is my second G752VS..

What can I do... someone give me something here..

https://discord.gg/2q73rpB for instant IM if anyone can support me. :f
21 REPLIES 21

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Can't even enter BIOS with the keyboard, as if it's not connected at Hardware level..

I managed to make it work for a little while though, but then it dropped again.. tried system restore, nothing..

MrRuckus
Level 10
Darnassus wrote:
For christs sake.... another issue with the G752VS (Very Stupid)

So I shut down last night, boot up this morning and my internal Keyboard isn't working anymore...

So...

Keyboard doesn't work at all. Back light used to be there, now it's gone too.. (VERY WEIRD but Xsplit Gamecast key works.. the ONLY key that works.. possibly an independent key.. )

Tried BIOS.. If the Keyboard doesn't work in the BIOS itself, then it's serious.. and it doesn't work.

Updated from 306 to 310 BIOS, still nothing.

Tried Keyboard Adjustment Tool, (which made the backlight now disappear) nothing. Says 'Cannot update' etc..

If my Laptop can't handle a shutdown and me going to sleep for a few hours, then this is a real crap laptop.

I do not know how there hasn't been an uproar or a recall from ASUS to bring this model back.. seriously, this is my second G752VS..

What can I do... someone give me something here..

https://discord.gg/2q73rpB for instant IM if anyone can support me. :f

Man that sucks. Yeah if it doesn't work in the Bios, its gotta be some kind of hardware issue. Sounds like the place you are buying them from, I wonder if they got a bad batch?, or Asus QC is slipping. I was reluctant to buy a new Asus laptop after seeing some of the bleeding issues on the new displays. If you can, I would just swap it again. Bad luck for sure if this is your second. 😕 Good luck.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Hello there.

My onboard keyboard stopped working today. I can only type If I connect an external USB keyboard. My laptop is the G752VS-XB72K OC Edition.

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I am on BIOS 310.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the ATKPackage Version V1.0.0050 no change.
I tried the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool Version V1.0.3.0 however it fails every time I try it. I get an error "Failed to update the keyboards firmware".
I tried a system restore to when it was working. No change.
I tried rebooting in safe mode. On board keyboard still doesn't work.

Any tips on what I can do to solve this?

Thanks everyone!

The Cool Dude wrote:
Hello there.

My onboard keyboard stopped working today. I can only type If I connect an external USB keyboard. My laptop is the G752VS-XB72K OC Edition.

I am on BIOS 310.

I tried the ASUS Keyboard Adjustment Tool Version V1.0.3.0 however it fails every time I try it. I get an error "Failed to update the keyboards firmware".

Thanks everyone!

If you don't have the keyboard In the BIOS then its hardware issue
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

The Cool Dude wrote:
Hello there.

I am on BIOS 310.

Thanks everyone!

That sucks real hard TCD, sorry to say but I never fixed it. I marched right back to the store and got it swapped..

The guy there was baffled himself.

Also does your XSplit Caster key work? Top left key on the keyboard.

And what do you remember doing before the keyboard died? Did you unplug power while shutting down?

The Cool Dude wrote:
Hello there.

I am on BIOS 310.

Thanks everyone!

CoolDude, I think you have the wrong BIOS loaded. The G752VSK laptop uses the 302 version BIOS. Check the ASUS download page for the G752VS and G752VSK differences.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I've lost my keyboard AGAIN..

.... I just did a mass driver update, now after a shutdown for the night, upon reboot my keyboard doesn't work either.. I'm pissed off.. going to try the keyboard adjustment tool and a system restore.. see if either works..

Restore didn't work. Can't restore Windows for reasons unknown.. Keyboard Adjustment Tool fails on updating.

The good news is at least it still works in the BIOS... so I still somewhat have a leg to stand on..

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Okay, seems the first time I lost my keyboard it was a hardware issue.. a complete kill of the keyboard. Didn't even work in the BIOS.

Right now it's different. I reinstalled ATK and now have functionality back from my function keys. I can brighten up or lower keyboard, control volume, etc..

I still cannot type though, so all I need to do is just find a working driver.. though they don't seem to exist. Trying to update the unknown device in device manager yields this problem.

https://i.imgur.com/UzdznxA.png

Think it's best to just reinstall Windows at this point since System Restore refuses to work for reasons unknown.. might try again in SAFE MODE.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Reinstalled Win10, Keyboard is back.

Do not use third party driver updaters, it will ruin you with the G752.