cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gl753vD Touchpad missing from device manager

Illicittweakin
Level 7
Brand new gl753vD. Touchpad works in the bios and works while windows is installing. Like when you put in the keycode and pick region and langauge ect. As soon as you boot into windows it doesn't work anymore. Does not show up in device manager or in the mouse and touchpad area in settings.

I install chipset first then atk then try the smart gesture but at the end it says some software couldn't install and then reverts.

I've tried reinstalling a few times. different versions of drivers. drivers from the touchpad manufactures. playing with the fn f9 key.

There is an unknown thing in control panel that says it Intel wireless Bluetooth. I have the Bluetooth going but haven't been able to get that unknown device driver yet. Not sure if that is related.

I have set up thousands of computers before like for work. And many Asus laptops. Never this specific model.
2 REPLIES 2

Illicittweakin
Level 7
It seems no way to get touchpad on this model to work with windows server 2016.

To bad.

Server 2016 works great on this laptop. NVMe m2 uefi is very fast system. Just no touchpad. Maybe someday a bios update will fix that

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Illicittweakin wrote:
Brand new gl753vD. Touchpad works in the bios and works while windows is installing. Like when you put in the keycode and pick region and langauge ect. As soon as you boot into windows it doesn't work anymore. Does not show up in device manager or in the mouse and touchpad area in settings.

I install chipset first then atk then try the smart gesture but at the end it says some software couldn't install and then reverts.

I've tried reinstalling a few times. different versions of drivers. drivers from the touchpad manufactures. playing with the fn f9 key.

There is an unknown thing in control panel that says it Intel wireless Bluetooth. I have the Bluetooth going but haven't been able to get that unknown device driver yet. Not sure if that is related.

I have set up thousands of computers before like for work. And many Asus laptops. Never this specific model.

Sorry for the trouble.
I would like to suggest you to bring back your laptop to our service center to confirm where there is a problem.
The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#