Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Gene Postcode 00 since Bios 3503

Georg1987
Level 7
Hi!

I recently installed Version 3503.
Since that version i had a problem that i try to describe:

After setting "my" Settings (Fanspeed, OC, XMP) it happens that either after a restart from the Bios, when the System has to "re-Post" because of oc-settings or after shutting down the system from windows and NOT cutting it from the mains and booting it up again later... it gets stuck with no fans spinning and Postcode "00".

The only thing that helps then is either a CMOS clear (which of course resets every setting) OR (and that is strange) pulling the plug or the Mainboard energy-Connector until the Board was without Power. Then it boots 1 time again but after next shutdown it has the same Problem.
I wasnt able to isolate it to one bios-setting,cause it happens on random settings after i started changing settings aside from fancontrol. I really tried many "directions" and tried to isolate it, but it started quite random i wasnt able to reduce it to one setting that caused it. I also tried to alter many things (like disabling fastboot) but once the problem is there, it happens , no matter what setting i try to change back.

This also happens with 3504.

I went back to 3201 which works perfectly fine.
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Georg1987

Random code 00 is likely either memory instability or a psu issue.

Please list your complete system specs.

I will list everything tomorrow. But it really started with that particular update and hasnt occured before (and never again after going back to the older version) So no PSU problem, i guess.

Nate152

Hardware Used:

32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL14 Dual Kit
850W Platimax 80+
i7 6700K
Samsung 950 Pro M.2
Samsung 850 PRO
SLI 1080FE
2 Watercooling Loops. Pumps are controlled via CPU 1 and 2 Fan-Header. 1 Case Fan is on Case1 header. All the Radiators are on Case2 Header using a PWM Splitter (which results in only one of them not spinning, when the problem occurs cause only one is powered via mainboard. The others only catch the pwm-signal and if there is none, they spin at full speed).

If there is no change to any setting in Bios with those new versions, the problem doesn't happen. But as i said, i wasn't really able to isolate any particular setting. Once i do things like adjust fanspeed (which has btw a strange behaviour. On PWM setting of case2 i can only go down to about 60% first in manual. Then i save it and open Qfancontrol again in bios and can go lower after that. Only behaves like that with the two new bioses.) and then nothing but enabling XMP and setting a fixed Voltage for vcore, without even upping the multi for cpu, it starts happening.