cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix RX Vega 64/56 Release Date???

panzlock
Level 12
As per thread title, has anyone heard anything other than "September" for release of the RX Vega Strix? With GPU prices increasing and corporate greed taking advantage of the current cryptomining infatuation I want to know how much this new variant will cost. The reference RX Vega 56 has already seen a price increase which makes it around $50 CAD more expensive than existing GTX 1070 stock. In the past reference card models have typically been more expensive than AIB partner cards, however I'm still concerned that the 56 in particular will be sold at GTX 1080 prices given that the 64 is already priced where the 1080 Ti sits.

I picked the wrong time to assemble a new build. Although prices on other components have been reasonable with rebates, the price of new VGA's really nullifies the savings I've been able to achieve thus far. Again, I've heard little about the ROG Strix Vega other than September release date, some pictures and a respectable performance review which i can no longer find. And guru3d also took down their review due to an ASUS error which found the wrong card in guru3d's hands:

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/review-asus-radeon-rog-rx-vega-64-strix-8gb.html

Lets get it together, people.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.
88 REPLIES 88

Guyvergamingtv
Level 7
i know the feeling, im waiting for this card as well and hate the vague release dates they always do. did the same with the ROG Centurion headset and we didnt see that for a while. hope its soon as really need to update my Gcard.

panzlock
Level 12
I just need to buy a VGA before the prices inflate beyond any semblance of reason due to these cryptomining morons who will never see return on their investment.

I asked them about it just through the support system and the representative told me it was Early September that it would be released... Though I only asked about the vega 56 not about 64. So either they want to build up more of a supply before they release it or they have different idea of what early means.

Darkrevo wrote:
I asked them about it just through the support system and the representative told me it was Early September that it would be released... Though I only asked about the vega 56 not about 64. So either they want to build up more of a supply before they release it or they have different idea of what early means.

The 56 is the one I'm interested in, anyway, so the sooner they can get that out the better.

It's mid September so you may be right about their stocking plan before release. Or they're waiting for another VGA price hike so when they release it they can let them all go for $100 above planned MSRP. They'll be the only AIB with Vega on the market, I believe. Nothing teased from MSI, Gigabyte, GALAX, Zotac.... EVGA won't even be releasing Vega boards, so ASUS really has the high ground, here.

panzlock wrote:
The 56 is the one I'm interested in, anyway, so the sooner they can get that out the better.

It's mid September so you may be right about their stocking plan before release. Or they're waiting for another VGA price hike so when they release it they can let them all go for $100 above planned MSRP. They'll be the only AIB with Vega on the market, I believe. Nothing teased from MSI, Gigabyte, GALAX, Zotac.... EVGA won't even be releasing Vega boards, so ASUS really has the high ground, here.

Yea I've been waiting for Vega for a while now and pretty much only use Asus so was excited to see they were the only ones skipping the reference phase and going straight to AIB. I currently have an R 280X OC so I've been wanting vega since like the 380X came out lol

*Pins

I want to know that exact pricing. I intend to make the switch to AMD, I could get a Strix 1070 or 1080, moving from my EVGA 960 2G. ASUS is like teasing us. Lol. I've been checking everyday. I expect it to be the day I don't check for a ghost release... If the price is too inflated... Then I'll have to go for a Reference or just wait...*:(

haha yea same literally checking everyday as soon as I wake up check google check newegg nope nothing yet damnit same place same time tomorrow. Also started following ROG Asus on twitter and Radeon Technologies on twitter just in case they post anything X D

Darkrevo wrote:
haha yea same literally checking everyday as soon as I wake up check google check newegg nope nothing yet damnit same place same time tomorrow. Also started following ROG Asus on twitter and Radeon Technologies on twitter just in case they post anything X D

I think I'll make a twitter just for that... I'm getting impatient. LOL I just blew like $400 US on new peripherals. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

panzlock
Level 12
Some Reddit backlash regarding AMD's RX Vega horrible launch. Disregard the title, no one really mentions when AIB cards will be available but in another thread I read that SAPPHIRE plans a November release. In the same thread someone else mentioned September 14 for ASUS but clearly that didn't go to plan.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/713691/no_aib_vega_cards_before_mid_october/

Just something to read while we wait for a card that may be over priced and seized by miners early, anyway.