cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck Boot Led(green) always on after turn off computer Rog Strix X370-F

tiagogl
Level 7
I'm having some problems with this motherboard. I have 1700x and 2800 MHZ 16x2 kit from Gskill Trident Z. I was able to achieve 2800 and also 3.9 ghz without problems but if I turn computer off and turn on the motherboard get stuck on Rog logo and boot led(green) stay on. I don't know the reason. When this happen , I need clear cmos because doesn't matter if I revert overclock the same problem will happen. After perform cmos clear, I was able to do overclock again without problems and run some benchmarks, but same problem will happen if I turn off the PC.
10 REPLIES 10

qWantUS
Level 7
Sounds like memory training is not successfull/very unstable. Try disabling post logo to see info on the screen, could possibly suggest the issue... I would start with more memory tweaking, if you get all tests pass, set these settings in biose, don't leave then in auto. That might help..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I changed everything to manual. Looks more stable but today , I had same boot screen stuck issue. I think it's a bug on the MB because If I change to Load defaults and restart the PC with all old settings , everything work normal again. I had same issue using default settings too.

qWantUS
Level 7
That is strange. Sounds like mb and ddr disagreeing 🙂 but this should have been sorted already by Asus, very disappointing, seems like my next board won't be Asus after all...
So this happens on 2133mhz as well? That should not happen. It should be rock solid. Tried swapping dram modules around? I have read that it helped some, in my case made no difference.

Here video and photos about the issue. I created a ticket to Asus too and looks like they are ignoring the problem.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OfmH0owevk26qDgC3

tiagogl wrote:
Here video and photos about the issue. I created a ticket to Asus too and looks like they are ignoring the problem.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OfmH0owevk26qDgC3

I know I'll be regarded as fan boy or what not, but I would first look at your own doings. I had issues with my B350-F and blamed the motherboard. Turns out it was ram overclock issues and ram in general.

Now what you have to do it take it slower. I notice you have 32 gigs of ram. While they are good quality, the general consensus around the interwebs is that 32 is still hard to get proper stable over 2666. Head over to overclock dot net and read the stability thread. There are plenty of different timings and a good read about stability and memory in general. Find some timings and test them for your memory kit.

As a rule of thumb, don't overclock everything at once. Start slow and with one component at a time. Get your CPU stable, then start on memory. Or vice versa.

I'd say your issue is somewhere in ram timings. Try first 2666 even if your kit is rated 2800.

My 2 cents.

I tested with other 8X2 kit . DOCP profile worked too and I had same issue. I reverted overclock , memory to 2133 and more. Same problem happens. I think it's a bug on the motherboard.

mariuscc
Level 7
Im of the opinion that if resetting bios to defaults works with same kit but does not when oveclocking the overclock is the issue. If the same issue appeared with bone stock settings then i'd blame the motherboard.

It can be the motherboard in the end, sure why not. It is known to happen.

Another idea, have you tried placing the ram sticks in different slots on the mb? both with 2x16 and 2x8 kits? Also the bank group swap option, or using 1T or 2T command rate?

Still baby steps. Overclock one thing at a time and see changing what exactly causes the issue.

mariuscc wrote:
Im of the opinion that if resetting bios to defaults works with same kit but does not when oveclocking the overclock is the issue. If the same issue appeared with bone stock settings then i'd blame the motherboard.

It can be the motherboard in the end, sure why not. It is known to happen.

Another idea, have you tried placing the ram sticks in different slots on the mb? both with 2x16 and 2x8 kits? Also the bank group swap option, or using 1T or 2T command rate?

Still baby steps. Overclock one thing at a time and see changing what exactly causes the issue.

I placed on different slots. The other kit was 2x8 and my kit is 2x16. I used 1T and 2T also! The main problem is, if I put everything on default now and turn off my PC on the another day same issue will happen!

Praz
Level 13
tiagogl wrote:
I'm having some problems with this motherboard. I have 1700x and 2800 MHZ 16x2 kit from Gskill Trident Z. I was able to achieve 2800 and also 3.9 ghz without problems but if I turn computer off and turn on the motherboard get stuck on Rog logo and boot led(green) stay on. I don't know the reason. When this happen , I need clear cmos because doesn't matter if I revert overclock the same problem will happen. After perform cmos clear, I was able to do overclock again without problems and run some benchmarks, but same problem will happen if I turn off the PC.

Hello

After a full BIOS reset using default settings if the issue is no longer present with multiple shutdowns/reboots the problem is in the tuning and will need to be dialed in by the user.