cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hangs on the logo g752vs

dimVLG
Level 8
Good afternoon friends. Prompt please if I put mode AHCI and I do a pure installation of Windows at reboots hangs on a logo. This does not always happen. If I put a Raid then everything is fine, there are no hang-ups.
5 REPLIES 5

Julskey
Level 10
Why do you want to change to AHCI mode? Anyway if you really want to try AHCI, try to do the following (this trick works in G752VT and is covered already before):
1. start normally in RAID mode.
2. Go to System Configuration (I suggest typing system configuration in start menu and right-click icon of system configuration then click pin to taskbar for convenience)
3. At boot tab of system config, tick safe boot. Apply and restart laptop.
4. Before windows restarts, go to BIOS and change RAID to AHCI. Apply and restart.
5. Windows should now boot in safe mode.
6. Go to System config again by clicking shortcut on taskbar. Untick safe boot, apply and restart.

I thought that AHCI mode will work faster SSD , did the tests , but once tests got the same results in RAID / ACHI. Well anyway thank you very much , I'll keep in mind your method. One more question , in RAID mode is a long time to load, can not see the circles that need spinning , then immediately desktop.

winyl
Level 9
dimVLG wrote:
Good afternoon friends. Prompt please if I put mode AHCI and I do a pure installation of Windows at reboots hangs on a logo. This does not always happen. If I put a Raid then everything is fine, there are no hang-ups.

Exacly my problem with G752VS and Sammy 970 Evo Plus. Whem in AHCI mode it will always get stuck on reboot on Republic of Gamers" bios logo. The Hdd/SSD led will blik 5/8 times and it will get stuck. So another Asus bios issue. Reporting it to support. Well I don't have this problem with G752VY which I also own. Reboots fine when in AHCI mode.

winylka
Level 7
Got response from ASUS:
"Dear Asus customer:
As of today the newest bios version for G752VS is 3.12.
As per technical specification this device supports SSDs on PCIE3x4 port only in RAID mode.
Best regards
Asus Support"
Does this mean "wont fix" in more polite manner? 😞
As to my knowledge G752VY got the same problem of not not supporting SSDs in AHCI mode in bios 2.08 or lower but ASUS did fix this in later releases of bios for G752VY.
Maybe if more ppl complain about G752VS not supporting SSDs in AHCI mode to Asus support they will eventually fix it like they did for G752VY. So write to support.

winyl
Level 9
Got response from ASUS:
"Dear Asus customer:
As of today the newest bios version for G752VS is 3.12.
As per technical specification this device supports SSDs on PCIE3x4 port only in RAID mode.
Best regards
Asus Support"
Does this mean "wont fix" in more polite manner? 😞
As to my knowledge G752VY got the same problem of not not supporting SSDs in AHCI mode in bios 2.08 or lower but ASUS did fix this in later releases of bios for G752VY.
Maybe if more ppl complain about G752VS not supporting SSDs in AHCI mode to Asus support they will eventually fix it like they did for G752VY. So write to support.